PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2009, 08:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treo 700wx-->HTC TOUCH DIAMOND
Carrier: SPRINT

biggaboo is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Replacement for Juicy

i have always used Juicy's roms and now since he stopped making them for the diamond...i was wondering what whose rom is the best replacement for his?

i mean whose rom matches Juicy's rom the closest...

thanks
Old 01-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: Verizon

GreeKNastY is keeping up the good workGreeKNastY is keeping up the good work
Re: Replacement for Juicy

i would say mighty mike...

too bad he decided to step away from the diamond also..

after mike i have no idea...maybe calkulins?
Old 01-11-2009, 08:26 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

I'm going to agree that Calkulin will be next- I think his ROM's are the most "under-rated" in these kinds of discussions.
I tried one a little while ago, and while it wasn't exactly what I was looking for at the time, I'd have no problem recommending them. I'll probably try his again- I just downloaded his new v4.1 and was thinking about trying it this week.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Jmz
Jmz Software
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt

Jmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsJmz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Jmz

You could always try my rom. I personally think it is a good clean rom myself.

Side note to Trident: Sooners got robbed!!!

Last edited by Jmz; 01-11-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache->samsung saga->omnia->TOUCH PRO2!!!!!!!

DJx79x is keeping up the good workDJx79x is keeping up the good work

why do you need to upgrade the roms so much anyways shouldnt one last you a while
Old 01-11-2009, 09:08 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrycka79 View Post
why do you need to upgrade the roms so much anyways shouldnt one last you a while
I find that it's just fun to play with the newest features every so often.
Also, each of the Devs seem to have some aspect of their ROM that works better for every individual. Some are built for speed, but might not be as stable. Some are better at playing media, others have more business related apps (did anyone ever get that card reader working?)
I usually flash when something starts bugging me or not working properly. I've also found that certain software sometimes doesn't play well with settings or software found in different ROMs.
Try flashing a few times and you might get hooked too. Even with Juicy & Mike going less with the Diamond, there are still plenty of builders out there.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treo 700wx-->HTC TOUCH DIAMOND
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

biggaboo is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
I find that it's just fun to play with the newest features every so often.
Also, each of the Devs seem to have some aspect of their ROM that works better for every individual. Some are built for speed, but might not be as stable. Some are better at playing media, others have more business related apps (did anyone ever get that card reader working?)
I usually flash when something starts bugging me or not working properly. I've also found that certain software sometimes doesn't play well with settings or software found in different ROMs.
Try flashing a few times and you might get hooked too. Even with Juicy & Mike going less with the Diamond, there are still plenty of builders out there.
exactly
Old 01-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work

I've tried roms from both juicy and mike. Both make an exceptional product. I've also tried other roms with varied success. By far, the most ideal product is made from Calcu's kitchen. He has graciously shared his most current OEM and SYS files and made it a simple process to create your own personal rom. All chefs use the same files in their kitchens and Calcu gives them to us for our pleasure. His newest product, 4.1, is stable and lightning fast.I reccommend you give it a try.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC SuperSonic

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff

I think it depends what you are looking for. My 2 favorite chefs, in no particular order, are Calcu and OMJ. If you're looking for the absolute fastest Manila ROM available, I suggest Calcu. If you're looking for an attractive ROM with max stability, look at OMJ's latest special addition. OMJ also bakes a ton of goodies into is ROMs.

JMZ is also worth looking at. He's a VERY clever chef and I think you'll be seeing exciting and unique things from him in the near future.

My Blue ROM is is based on Calcu's 21109 release and has all the speed that his ROM delivers, but mine is much more stripped down, though it does have it's signature Blue Manila.

Bottom line is, there's lots of good ROMS out there, and they're getting better all of the time.

Test drive a few and post what you think!

Audiovox Thera-Samsung i700-Verizon PPC 6600-Sprint 6700-Sprint Mogul-Sprint Touch-HTC Touch Diamond-HTC Hero-HTC SuperSonic (EVO)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

nttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You could give mine a try! I'm pretty new to this being a chef thing but I know a few guys in here are using my ROM with great success.

I do have to admit its a pretty personalized ROM and not as bare bones as Juicy's but most things can be switched around easily.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development