PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - MightyROM 4.x - Radio Sprint V1.11.00.F
Carrier: Sprint

infection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HOWTO FIX: Cannot use data on my phone, MIP profile data missing

MightyROM 3.8. Lost my MIP profile data (tech told me to reset it). The username of the profile data changed, and my data stopped working. It is unable to update itself with the correct profile data, and the tech advised me to reflash to original Sprint ROM (which I am doing right now).

My question is - should MightyROM have been able to update itself with the correct profile data, or is it only an ability of the stock Sprint ROM? What can I do to backup my profile data to avoid this happening again?

Thanks,

infection0

Last edited by infection0; 01-03-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

infection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: HOWTO FIX: Cannot use data on my phone, MIP profile data missing

Alright, so I finished fixing my Diamond based on the tech's advice - he was spot on. Reflashed the original Diamond ROM from Sprint Shipped and went into Settings > System > Update Profile. Profile updated successfully and I could use Opera Mobile. At this point I then reflashed to MightyROM 3.9 (needed an update anyway

So now all is well - is there any way I can prevent this from happening again?
Old 01-04-2009, 01:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

GTO1988 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to GTO1988 Send a message via MSN to GTO1988

Well, basically you can't use the Update data profile unless your on a stock rom or a Custom rom that has it included, So basically don't mess with any of the data settings. Just a FYI Blue Rom 1.7 has the update data profile built in

Home:

Old 01-04-2009, 04:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

stillryan is a n00b

First, glad to hear you got your data working again. It sucks when that happens.

Second, i can pretty much guarantee it wasn't Mightyrom that caused your phone to lose the data info. I'm a tech at Sprint and have run Mightyrom and had no issues with the data profile. When your phone loses the data info like that, it's usually just a problem with the flash or your phone honestly just went crazy and lost the info. I see that on windows devices periodically. When a hard reset doesn't fix it, then you just have to re-input the data info, which can be a tedious task sometimes.

Most likely you got someone at tech support who didn't know windows phones too well, or more likely didn't want to troubleshoot a device you had flashed to a custom rom. We aren't supposed to service issues with phones with custom roms because about 90% of all pda issues are software related and that flashing to a custom rom is against the T&C's for the phone (at least the last time i checked, haven't checked that in a while).

But anyway, glad you got it working again. Just wanted to wanted to make sure that you know what most likely happened so that you can get it fixed again quickly if needed.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Actually the tech was very knowledgable and flashed custom roms on his phone himself, so he told me to just reflash to stock, get the profile data, and then flash back to Mighty. While using the Sprint Stock I took the time to try it out, couldn't wait to go back to the good stuff

Last edited by infection0; 01-05-2009 at 02:07 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development