PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 08:38 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HOW TO: Recover a Diamond that won't get past the boot screen! (Instructions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glossman View Post
Almost everyone (including myself) who has experienced this issue has never seen it after a single reflash from the same ROM type.
Huh? It's usually a rom issue, and occasionally a flashing issue. Some bad or conflicting oems sometimes cause this issue. I have had this problem with a Tobey kitchen, and deslected an oem and all was good.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC SuperSonic
Threadstarter

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff
Re: HOW TO: Recover a Diamond that won't get past the boot screen! (Instructions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Huh? It's usually a rom issue, and occasionally a flashing issue. Some bad or conflicting oems sometimes cause this issue. I have had this problem with a Tobey kitchen, and deslected an oem and all was good.
That makes perfect sense, but what would make it intermittent?

Audiovox Thera-Samsung i700-Verizon PPC 6600-Sprint 6700-Sprint Mogul-Sprint Touch-HTC Touch Diamond-HTC Hero-HTC SuperSonic (EVO)
Old 01-02-2009, 09:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

Zeddicus is becoming a great contributor

When it happened to me, it seemed that it only went haywire after syncing with my computer.....Just some FYI

Old 01-02-2009, 11:50 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Use mtty task 32, task 36 to find out
Old 01-03-2009, 12:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

JAChavez99 is keeping up the good workJAChavez99 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Thank you. And sorry if I reacted a bit strongly, but I've been putting a lot of time into this lately, and I take it personally when my ROM causes a headache for someone. I get a little touchy when I *perceive* that someone is rubbing it in.

I just want to help the user recover as soon as possible, you know?

So, no hard feelings, okay?

On to business! The kitchen I used for the build did incorporate G'reloc, and it ran when I built my Production ROMs. What I'm wondering is how this manifests itself after multiple reflashes, but not after 1 or 2. Almost everyone (including myself) who has experienced this issue has never seen it after a single reflash from the same ROM type. This makes it really hard to troubleshoot.

Opinions?
Thanks again for your help Glossman, you sure did help me have a quick recovery!

I experienced exactly what you said, intermittent issue, even on the same ROM. After I fixed today's problem, I flashed back to your ROM and have had no worries. The first time this happened to me was on Calcu's ROM, so I can't say it wouldn't have happened had I flashed it again, but it seems highly unlikely.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:42 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

If you guys are having that much trouble, I suspect your issue is one of the following:

1. A problem with your phone hardware
2. A problem with the rom
3. A problem with the computer hardware you use to flash with

I've flashed my Diamond about 50 times in the last month, and the only time I couldn't boot was when I did the bonehead maneuver of forgetting an oemdriver folder.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: CDMA HTC Diamond
Carrier: china telecom

justinchow19 is a n00b

so kind of u,thank u very much!
Old 01-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Audiovox 6600
Carrier: PeopleNet

km1292 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to km1292 Send a message via Skype™ to km1292

Hello, I saw you used Verizon XV6600. Would you please tell me where I can get info how to unlock it and make reprogramming. Thanks.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC SuperSonic
Threadstarter

Glossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuffGlossman knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by km1292 View Post
Hello, I saw you used Verizon XV6600. Would you please tell me where I can get info how to unlock it and make reprogramming. Thanks.
No unlock needed. You can just flash it. Check in any forum for the "Apache", which is just anothername for 6600.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: VZW

Ultima is keeping up the good workUltima is keeping up the good work

Quote:
No unlock needed. You can just flash it. Check in any forum for the "Apache", which is just anothername for 6600.
6600 = Harrier
6700 = Apache

Don't want anyone hosing their phone by flashing the wrong roms!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development