PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   HOW TO: Recover a Diamond that won't get past the boot screen! (Instructions) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51508)

copper rs 11-24-2009 09:22 PM

Re: HOW TO: Recover a Diamond that won't get past the boot screen! (Instructions)

Ok, I think I have a unique problem. I have one of Caulkin's Roms installed on my phone and am trying to flash back to stock on my sprint diamond. When I run the RUU I get as far as the tri-color screen but the update goes no further. If I soft reset, the phone returns to more or less to normal ROM that is loaded but I cannot get the new flashed ROM (stock sprint ROM in this case) to take. I have tried flashing other ROMs than stock as well, including loading them on the internal memory and trying to flash from there. I have gotten nowhere in the last 2 hours and I'm at a loss as to what to try next.

When the phone is in the tri-color screen, how to I run the RUU from my PC? I get an error that says activsync can't connect. I've flashed a lot of ROM's in the past and have never had an issue...

For what it's worth, I'm on Vista using WMDC, not activsync.

Glossman 11-24-2009 09:56 PM

Re: HOW TO: Recover a Diamond that won't get past the boot screen! (Instructions)

Quote:

Originally Posted by copper rs (Post 1359390)
Ok, I think I have a unique problem. I have one of Caulkin's Roms installed on my phone and am trying to flash back to stock on my sprint diamond. When I run the RUU I get as far as the tri-color screen but the update goes no further. If I soft reset, the phone returns to more or less to normal ROM that is loaded but I cannot get the new flashed ROM (stock sprint ROM in this case) to take. I have tried flashing other ROMs than stock as well, including loading them on the internal memory and trying to flash from there. I have gotten nowhere in the last 2 hours and I'm at a loss as to what to try next.

When the phone is in the tri-color screen, how to I run the RUU from my PC? I get an error that says activsync can't connect. I've flashed a lot of ROM's in the past and have never had an issue...

For what it's worth, I'm on Vista using WMDC, not activsync.

Activesync won't connect when you're in bootloader (tri-color) mode. When you are plugged in (in bootloader mode), does your phone say "Serial" or "USB" on the tri-color screen? If it says Serial, then you need the Vista driver that allows the OS to communicate with the phone. Vista should automatically be searching for these drivers, and it could take several minutes.

Let me know what you are seeing!

copper rs 11-24-2009 10:00 PM

Yeah, I see Serial at the bottom. This is a new computer, and the first time I have tried syncing (new job)

Vista does not appear to be searching for any drivers on its own, any way I can download these automatically?

Thanks so much for the help, I really need this phone for a trip tomorrow!

copper rs 11-24-2009 10:02 PM

BTW, I do have the sprint_stock.nbh file on my internal storage card, but it doesn't load from bootloader.

copper rs 11-24-2009 10:25 PM

Ok, I think I may have found the necessary driver, called something like Qualcomm driver for CDMA...

I'm installing it and will try and reflash...

copper rs 11-24-2009 10:54 PM

OK, looks like its the same one already installed. I tried flashing again and the results are the same, hangs at boot loader and I can't flash it from the internal storage.

O.a.T. 11-24-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by copper rs (Post 1359513)
BTW, I do have the sprint_stock.nbh file on my internal storage card, but it doesn't load from bootloader.

I believe to flash from the internal storage card, the file has to be named DIAMIMG.nbh. See...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062

That may help you get back to the stock sprint rom. The only other suggestion I have regarding syncing is make sure your usb cable is properly seated. Either my cable or the plug on my Diamond tends to be very "touchy".

copper rs 11-24-2009 11:28 PM

OK, I'm finally back to stock. I had to install another driver called "Microsoft USB Sync" which allowed the phone to sync initially. I then renamed the stock rom on the internal storage card to DIAMIMG.nbh (this was my fault for missing it the first time). I flashed the stock rom from internal storage and all is well!

FYI, I still can't flash from this Vista PC, even on the fresh stock Rom. (Never an issue with my old XP machine).

Now do I dare flash to OMJ's lastest 6.5 Sense Rom...tempting tempting...

Anyway, Glossman and O.a.T. I can't thank you enough for your help. Love this place!

O.a.T. 11-25-2009 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by copper rs (Post 1359817)
OK, I'm finally back to stock. I had to install another driver called "Microsoft USB Sync" which allowed the phone to sync initially. I then renamed the stock rom on the internal storage card to DIAMIMG.nbh (this was my fault for missing it the first time). I flashed the stock rom from internal storage and all is well!

FYI, I still can't flash from this Vista PC, even on the fresh stock Rom. (Never an issue with my old XP machine).

Now do I dare flash to OMJ's lastest 6.5 Sense Rom...tempting tempting...

Anyway, Glossman and O.a.T. I can't thank you enough for your help. Love this place!

Your welcome, and please don't forget to hit the thanks button when someone helps.

Also, both my wife and I are using OMJ's v1.5/23504 w/Ultimate Manila and we both love it. If you can get your Diamond to sync long enough to transfer OMJ's rom to internal memory and rename it to DIAMIMG.nbh (while renaming the stock sprint to something else) then you can flash it that way. With both roms on your internal storage it is just a matter of renaming within WinMo to flash between those two (or any other roms you would care to put on your internal storage).

Redemption 11-25-2009 12:56 AM

Wow lol thats worked thanks alot, hav you ever heard of TeamView?