PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   HOW TO: Recover a Diamond that won't get past the boot screen! (Instructions) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51508)

caleb02 07-08-2009 05:26 PM

Re: HOW TO: Recover a Diamond that won't get past the boot screen! (Instructions)

my phone been acting funny i flashed back to sprint then back to mystery kitchen. i must need to redo the kitchen as the phone loses signal and the keypad wont show on the diamond and then wont boot past the diamond screen..... i am flashing back to stock sprint and redownload the kitchen....

Glossman 07-08-2009 06:21 PM

Re: HOW TO: Recover a Diamond that won't get past the boot screen! (Instructions)

Quote:

Originally Posted by caleb02 (Post 1022794)
my phone been acting funny i flashed back to sprint then back to mystery kitchen. i must need to redo the kitchen as the phone loses signal and the keypad wont show on the diamond and then wont boot past the diamond screen..... i am flashing back to stock sprint and redownload the kitchen....

Definitely flash to stock, then start with a fresh kitchen, as your issue is probably caused by either or both factors.

Glossman 07-08-2009 06:22 PM

Glad it helped you all out!

EDIT: Tried to multiquote this but it didn't work!

caleb02 07-08-2009 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glossman (Post 1022907)
Definitely flash to stock, then start with a fresh kitchen, as your issue is probably caused by either or both factors.

i was in the kitchen and perhaps i may have moved a directory or something my accident. I deleted my files and then just unzipped it again and started over from start.... seems to work... i also flashed to stock 2.0 rom..... i wish i could sit down with someone and have them help me add in a few programs like dashwire, mslk grabber, change a few icons... and then post the kitchen...

sk8ter 07-09-2009 09:25 PM

I cant save my Diamond!

2 days with it and now is dead!
i cannot put it in "trigger mode"

I use volume down + reset (when device is off) = Nothing!

damn
i feel me soo bad!
heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelpp!
pleasee please please!

i was using juicy8 rom

tobeychris 07-09-2009 09:59 PM

Volume Down + Power + Reset

or for triggered bootloader:

Volume Down + Power + Back + Reset

sk8ter 07-09-2009 10:44 PM

The magic keys was:

Power + volume down!
Vuaaala!

I got it fixed
thanks!

exposystane 07-12-2009 01:29 PM

Thanks for the easy to find fix!!!

andromeduse 07-12-2009 05:30 PM

Hello. I am in a panic mode. I think my Diamond is dead. I have flashed it with the "Telus_shipped french" ROM found on PPCGeeks, following steps by steps the thread "Flashing a Rom or Radio from the 4 gig internal storage ".

My phone is stucked at the rainbow screen showing the following error message: "upgrade ROM code error. Please try again". No hard reset, no nothing will fix it.

Please help me.

Glossman 07-13-2009 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andromeduse (Post 1031485)
Hello. I am in a panic mode. I think my Diamond is dead. I have flashed it with the "Telus_shipped french" ROM found on PPCGeeks, following steps by steps the thread "Flashing a Rom or Radio from the 4 gig internal storage ".

My phone is stucked at the rainbow screen showing the following error message: "upgrade ROM code error. Please try again". No hard reset, no nothing will fix it.

Please help me.

Relax...

Now take a breath...

Okay...Take the battery out of the phone for a few minutes. Once you put it back in, hit the power button, then follow the instructions in the first post of this thread. If that doesn't work, you may need to download mtty1[1].42 so you can manually free it. If you use mtty1[1].42, you'll need to have one of the gurus here provide the input commands to send.

Let us know how it goes.