PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   HOW TO: Recover a Diamond that won't get past the boot screen! (Instructions) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51508)

CozBoogie 04-14-2009 10:45 AM

Re: HOW TO: Recover a Diamond that won't get past the boot screen! (Instructions)

Stuck per request.

late,
Coz

xfliiboyy 04-21-2009 03:55 PM

Re: HOW TO: Recover a Diamond that won't get past the boot screen! (Instructions)

i tried pressing the left button while holding the reset and dwn volume but nuthin happens any help plz

Glossman 04-22-2009 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xfliiboyy (Post 865914)
i tried pressing the left button while holding the reset and dwn volume but nuthin happens any help plz

The arrow button is on the right side of the D-pad. Try that and let us know how it works.

floppydrivez 05-13-2009 10:22 PM

I finally got this to work after a few tries. Something I didn't realize till I read the last post (cause I am the biggest diamond noob of all) is that the --> reference means

Quote:

The arrow button is on the right side of the D-pad. Try that and let us know how it works.
Anyway, thanks for saving my ***... :headbang:

FastRX8 05-15-2009 02:41 PM

Just an FYI since I didn't see it mentioned here. (You may want to add it to your op)

You don't need a stylus to enter bootloader or hard-resets.
Here's some basic directions from a much longer post I did.

The key is, the phone needs to be powered down, not just the screen.
These are some of the ways to power down your phone.
1) If you have psShutXP installed, you can select "Shut Down", or
2) Push and hold the power button. You will be warned that you're shutting down the phone, or
3) Remove the battery.

Once you're phone is powered down, decide which mode you want to go into.
Make sure the "PowerButton" is the last button you push and hold, since that will turn your phone on.

Note: Push and hold all the corresponding buttons to activate selected mode

Bootloader = VolumeDown + PowerButton
Triggered Bootloader = VolumeDown + BackArrow + PowerButton
Hardreset = VolumeDown + OK + PowerButton

xpocad 06-09-2009 11:46 PM

thank god for this thread. good work

bommerts 06-11-2009 08:28 AM

Thanks for this guide! You saved my phone.

I had a problem - it wouldn't flash. The RUU kept saying the phone wasn't connected, even though the rainbow screen said "USB" when I connected it. It said "serial" when it wasn't connected. Here's what I did to get it working again, one of these things or a combo did the trick:

-Follow instructions on page one of this thread to get phone into rainbow mode
-Disconnect, reconnect phone from PC
-Using WinRAR, extract the Sprint stock RUU (_HTC Touch Diamond (Sprint)_HTC Touch Diamond MR 2.00.651.7)
-From extract, run RomUpdateUtility.exe
-RUU went further, but gave another error.
-New option was to recover, select this
-RUU said to diconnect phone, reboot, reconnect, but don't do this!
-I disconnected and reconnected again but did not power off because it was already at the rainbow screen

Hopefully this will help someone else.

rigogs 06-13-2009 12:21 AM

thanks for the post--got my phone back!!!

boomhower 06-14-2009 07:59 PM

Saved my tail today, thanks!

Kundi4523 07-07-2009 03:48 AM

Glossman...Dude u saved my phone....thanks a Lot:headbang: