PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   HOW TO: Recover a Diamond that won't get past the boot screen! (Instructions) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51508)

Glossman 01-11-2009 09:38 PM

Re: HOW TO: Recover a Diamond that won't get past the boot screen! (Instructions)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultima (Post 632951)
6600 = Harrier
6700 = Apache

Don't want anyone hosing their phone by flashing the wrong roms!

Thanks for the correction! I've owned so many of these damned things, I sometimes mixup the names of the older ones!

mshnayde 01-25-2009 07:53 PM

Re: HOW TO: Recover a Diamond that won't get past the boot screen! (Instructions)

Hey guys,
I need help. I can't get the phone to go into the Triple screen. I tried the above and can't get it to work. It's a Sprint Diamond.
This happened after I cooked a Rom with Calcu's kitchen and groove's OEM base.
Thanks for any suggestions.
All it does is just sit on the Black Screen that says Touch Diamond showing the Radio version and some other numbers.

Thanks.

-disregard, got it figure out.

psweitzer 03-03-2009 02:02 AM

Holy Shizer did you ever save my a$$!!!!

I actually went into Bell tonight and had them process a return...
After coming home I found this thread...

Bringing up the bootloader never occurred to me...
After flashing a few times my Diamond became very unstable and I thought I was toast...

Thanks to this thread I was able to salvage my phone and not lose all my data after shipping it in for repair...

THANKS!!! THANKS!!! THANKS!!! THANKS!!

vico2004 03-17-2009 12:56 PM

I flashed spring rom to my diamond 3700, any mtty solution didnt work, but your really simple howto has saved my pda :D

BlackOceaN 03-17-2009 09:21 PM

this happen everytime a rom is flashed on any device it either some bad code or sprint. but i am lucky unlike most that have to ask to fix but this is a great post on how to should been post a long time ago......

BlackOceaN 03-17-2009 09:35 PM

THIS POST WORRY ME BUT I CHOP AND CUT ROM LIKE BUTTER .

So i am able to set up very quickly..

Quote:

Originally Posted by indagroove (Post 615057)
If you guys are having that much trouble, I suspect your issue is one of the following:

1. A problem with your phone hardware
2. A problem with the rom
3. A problem with the computer hardware you use to flash with

I've flashed my Diamond about 50 times in the last month, and the only time I couldn't boot was when I did the bonehead maneuver of forgetting an oemdriver folder.

Glossman 03-18-2009 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psweitzer (Post 750123)
Holy Shizer did you ever save my a$$!!!!

I actually went into Bell tonight and had them process a return...
After coming home I found this thread...

Bringing up the bootloader never occurred to me...
After flashing a few times my Diamond became very unstable and I thought I was toast...

Thanks to this thread I was able to salvage my phone and not lose all my data after shipping it in for repair...

THANKS!!! THANKS!!! THANKS!!! THANKS!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vico2004 (Post 777831)
I flashed spring rom to my diamond 3700, any mtty solution didnt work, but your really simple howto has saved my pda :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOceaN (Post 778918)
this happen everytime a rom is flashed on any device it either some bad code or sprint. but i am lucky unlike most that have to ask to fix but this is a great post on how to should been post a long time ago......

I'm very glad this post helped out!

thalungz 04-12-2009 11:53 AM

Great fix, love it!!! If you don't mind glossman, I wanted to put a copy and paste of this tut (with proper creds) on my site. This worked for me first try!!
As to what bootloader mode will work, I don't care what mode suffices, all I care about is that this works to recover, and it does, great stuff! thanks again.

Glossman 04-13-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thalungz (Post 843002)
Great fix, love it!!! If you don't mind glossman, I wanted to put a copy and paste of this tut (with proper creds) on my site. This worked for me first try!!
As to what bootloader mode will work, I don't care what mode suffices, all I care about is that this works to recover, and it does, great stuff! thanks again.

I'm glad this worked for you!

You have my permission to add this info to your site. :mrgreen:

Thanks again!

intx 04-13-2009 12:43 PM

Gloss, I suggested to Coz that he stickies this like a day or two ago.