PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   HOW TO: Recover a Diamond that won't get past the boot screen! (Instructions) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51508)

indagroove 01-02-2009 08:38 PM

Re: HOW TO: Recover a Diamond that won't get past the boot screen! (Instructions)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glossman (Post 614443)
Almost everyone (including myself) who has experienced this issue has never seen it after a single reflash from the same ROM type.

Huh? It's usually a rom issue, and occasionally a flashing issue. Some bad or conflicting oems sometimes cause this issue. I have had this problem with a Tobey kitchen, and deslected an oem and all was good.

Glossman 01-02-2009 08:51 PM

Re: HOW TO: Recover a Diamond that won't get past the boot screen! (Instructions)

Quote:

Originally Posted by indagroove (Post 614457)
Huh? It's usually a rom issue, and occasionally a flashing issue. Some bad or conflicting oems sometimes cause this issue. I have had this problem with a Tobey kitchen, and deslected an oem and all was good.

That makes perfect sense, but what would make it intermittent?

Zeddicus 01-02-2009 09:06 PM

When it happened to me, it seemed that it only went haywire after syncing with my computer.....Just some FYI

tobeychris 01-02-2009 11:50 PM

Use mtty task 32, task 36 to find out:)

JAChavez99 01-03-2009 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glossman (Post 614443)
Thank you. And sorry if I reacted a bit strongly, but I've been putting a lot of time into this lately, and I take it personally when my ROM causes a headache for someone. I get a little touchy when I *perceive* that someone is rubbing it in.

I just want to help the user recover as soon as possible, you know?

So, no hard feelings, okay?

On to business! The kitchen I used for the build did incorporate G'reloc, and it ran when I built my Production ROMs. What I'm wondering is how this manifests itself after multiple reflashes, but not after 1 or 2. Almost everyone (including myself) who has experienced this issue has never seen it after a single reflash from the same ROM type. This makes it really hard to troubleshoot.

Opinions?

Thanks again for your help Glossman, you sure did help me have a quick recovery!

I experienced exactly what you said, intermittent issue, even on the same ROM. After I fixed today's problem, I flashed back to your ROM and have had no worries. The first time this happened to me was on Calcu's ROM, so I can't say it wouldn't have happened had I flashed it again, but it seems highly unlikely.

indagroove 01-03-2009 02:42 AM

If you guys are having that much trouble, I suspect your issue is one of the following:

1. A problem with your phone hardware
2. A problem with the rom
3. A problem with the computer hardware you use to flash with

I've flashed my Diamond about 50 times in the last month, and the only time I couldn't boot was when I did the bonehead maneuver of forgetting an oemdriver folder.

justinchow19 01-03-2009 11:34 PM

so kind of u,thank u very much!

km1292 01-08-2009 01:25 PM

Hello, I saw you used Verizon XV6600. Would you please tell me where I can get info how to unlock it and make reprogramming. Thanks.

Glossman 01-08-2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by km1292 (Post 626631)
Hello, I saw you used Verizon XV6600. Would you please tell me where I can get info how to unlock it and make reprogramming. Thanks.

No unlock needed. You can just flash it. Check in any forum for the "Apache", which is just anothername for 6600.

Ultima 01-11-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glossman (Post 626815)
No unlock needed. You can just flash it. Check in any forum for the "Apache", which is just anothername for 6600.

6600 = Harrier
6700 = Apache

Don't want anyone hosing their phone by flashing the wrong roms!