PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   HOW TO: Recover a Diamond that won't get past the boot screen! (Instructions) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51508)

rocker2344 04-12-2010 09:53 PM

Re: HOW TO: Recover a Diamond that won't get past the boot screen! (Instructions)

OMG thank you... I have switched to Linux and active-sync is not supported in wine... i was about to boot into my v box. but i found this and just contorting my fingers worked.. lol TY!

nizaamh 04-19-2010 09:03 AM

Re: HOW TO: Recover a Diamond that won't get past the boot screen! (Instructions)

Hi.I need help really badly. Firstly let me be honest I did not read the threads completely because I have flashed certain phones before.- HD2 and X1.(foolish ). I downloaded diamond hard spl 0.57. I did not attempt to unlock it first.I did the usual and during hspl it did not go past 0% and went to a black screen.
The phone is off since then. Tried forcing into bootloader power+vol down+arrow and reset and nothing happens. Does anyone know how to help me.:(
PLEEEAAASSSEEE

cristush 02-01-2011 10:36 AM

I know that it's been almost a year now, but I am experiencing the same problem as above. Screen went blank, and no combination of key presses could wake it up. I thought the battery to be dead, but connecting the charger does nothing also, no led blinking, zero !
I don't have another battery and I don't know how to check it is charged or not.
Thanks.

Glossman 02-03-2011 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cristush (Post 2048956)
I know that it's been almost a year now, but I am experiencing the same problem as above. Screen went blank, and no combination of key presses could wake it up. I thought the battery to be dead, but connecting the charger does nothing also, no led blinking, zero !
I don't have another battery and I don't know how to check it is charged or not.
Thanks.

I'm not sure about what can be done, here. The key is being able to get the phone into bootloader, and if it's acting totally dead, I'm not sure there's anything that can be done.

Sorry I'm not more help, here.

cristush 02-04-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glossman (Post 2050336)
I'm not sure about what can be done, here. The key is being able to get the phone into bootloader, and if it's acting totally dead, I'm not sure there's anything that can be done.

Sorry I'm not more help, here.

Thanks a lot, anyway.
I'll take it to a service.

zakkk 06-10-2011 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bommerts (Post 968299)
Thanks for this guide! You saved my phone.

I had a problem - it wouldn't flash. The RUU kept saying the phone wasn't connected, even though the rainbow screen said "USB" when I connected it. It said "serial" when it wasn't connected. Here's what I did to get it working again, one of these things or a combo did the trick:

-Follow instructions on page one of this thread to get phone into rainbow mode
-Disconnect, reconnect phone from PC
-Using WinRAR, extract the Sprint stock RUU (_HTC Touch Diamond (Sprint)_HTC Touch Diamond MR 2.00.651.7)
-From extract, run RomUpdateUtility.exe
-RUU went further, but gave another error.
-New option was to recover, select this
-RUU said to diconnect phone, reboot, reconnect, but don't do this!
-I disconnected and reconnected again but did not power off because it was already at the rainbow screen

Hopefully this will help someone else.

Thanks dude, you saved my phone!

I downloaded the sprint RUU from HTC website:
HTC Mobile Phone Support - HTC Touch

momo123 06-29-2013 01:50 PM

i need help asap

i have my htc diamond and unlocked it

then tried installing w mobile 6.5 with manilla but then it
ruined my phone

its always stuck on the diamond screen then restarts :banghead:

i tried the methods for reflashinf roms such as shine on 2.4 and others but no success

a rom that might save my ass is juicy or mighty rom, but cant find anywhere on the web

any help and instructions is greatly appreciated since this is only 2 days old.