PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 11:32 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [TUT] Creating OEM's for your ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
I use it to setup my gmail accounts. But for picturemail, I registered sMMS that's made from some mms guy, don't really know who...lol back on track. But I registered sMMS, and exported the settings into an OEM that takes care of my personal settings/registrations. But I send like one pic per month...

edit: I have heard that some have just copied \cemail.vol over and cook it into their roms...
BTW, woodson made an app that will configure phone specific settings on boot. We'll probably expand on the idea a bit to make it more flexible.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
BTW, woodson made an app that will configure phone specific settings on boot. We'll probably expand on the idea a bit to make it more flexible.
Can you point me to this app? Picturemail is killing me here. Everything seems right but the app won't fully install. Trying the cemail.vol thing but I think that will be just corruption waiting to happen.

Quote:
edit: I have heard that some have just copied \cemail.vol over and cook it into their roms...
You heard right! I just tried it and anything email was saved...sms too. So, since I am really only concerned about picture mail, I am doing a fresh flash, installing picturemail by cab then making a copy of cemail.vol and using that in my rom. I'd like to do this for Seven as well but I don't want old emails popping back up and I am not sure how to prevent Seven from pulling emails once it's set up...for the first time anyway. After I get a clean cemail.vol I don't care if it pulls emails.

Last edited by aceracer24; 01-13-2009 at 12:38 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:52 AM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
not very upgradeable. Expect it to break when changing CE builds.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
not very upgradeable. Expect it to break when changing CE builds.
Not sure to what extent that files serves but if it's just basic email information then I am not sure how it will break when changing CE builds. Not very upgradeable is very true though. It's a royal pain to make a copy of that specific file. For my needs though, I won't need to upgrade it. I have no desire to save all of my emails or texts and I only needed it specifically for the final install of my OEM picture mail. It works great so far.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:07 AM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceracer24 View Post
Not sure to what extent that files serves but if it's just basic email information then I am not sure how it will break when changing CE builds. Not very upgradeable is very true though. It's a royal pain to make a copy of that specific file. For my needs though, I won't need to upgrade it. I have no desire to save all of my emails or texts and I only needed it specifically for the final install of my OEM picture mail. It works great so far.
If they ever modify what a "record" consists of, then an old file will be "corrupt" when used with the new build. Doesn't happen often, but it does happen.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:40 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Guys,I loss my sleep lol.This post is priceless!!!Im getting better and better iand my vogue too!!!

Last edited by vin255764; 01-14-2009 at 12:44 AM.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:03 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

What if application contains 3 different .exe?Like s2u2?Do I have to use package creator 3 times for each exe,so they will be as 3 single oems(1-ilock2,2-setting,3-s2y2 itself)?Attaching latest s2u2 1.40.cab.

Last edited by vin255764; 01-17-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:16 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
What if application contains 3 different .exe?Like s2u2?Do I have to use package creator 3 times for each exe,so they will be as 3 single oems(1-ilock2,2-setting,3-s2y2 itself)?Attaching latest s2u2 1.40.cab.
From the initflashfiles tab, you simply highlight each .exe, check the "programs" button, then press the apply. This creates a link for each one.
With that one, I manually copy the .lnk's from the device and add an initflashfiles.txt entry al manually. And that one is in my custom vga oem requests link if you want to look into it to see how I did it...

Edit: I see I had a typo and called it v1.35...

OEM_S2U2-1_40-VGA................................................ Slide 2 Unlock 2 v1.40 VGA

Old 01-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!

thats,what I thought,but for som reason I can highlight only 1 at a time...I will try again.what about manilla2d?should I check .exes as a programm or its something else?

Last edited by vin255764; 01-16-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:10 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
thats,what I thought,but for som reason I can highlight only 1 at a time...I will try again.what about manilla2d?should I check .exes as a programm or its something else?
Not all .exe's require an entry. Usually you'll only want to create entries for those the .cab install does. Either \Windows\StartUp, or \Windows\Start Menu. And in EPC, click on each .exe individually, click apply, then highlight and apply the next .exe you want a link file created for before clicking done and proceeding to the next step.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development