PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2008, 08:28 AM
gbh
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

gbh is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Skyfire vs Opera Mobile

Just downloaded and installed Skyfire. Although it still have a few issues, I won't be going back to Opera any time soon. Rendering speed is night and day.

Any thoughts?
Old 12-17-2008, 08:39 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Skyfire vs Opera Mobile

for speed you like skyfire over opera? thats a new one. skyfire is good for flash, not speed.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:08 AM
gbh
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

gbh is a n00b

Have you tried the latest version?
The initial launch of the app is slower, but it renders pages at least twice as fast, on every page I've been to so far.

Edit:
Here's a review. This is pretty much what I'm seeing...
http://blog.laptopmag.com/mobile-bro...le-and-skyfire

Last edited by gbh; 12-17-2008 at 09:13 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:12 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbh View Post
Have you tried the latest version?
The initial launch of the app is slower, but it renders pages at least twice as fast, on every page I've been to so far.
ya, i have it. still think opera is faster.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:27 AM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Opera is wayyyyyyyyyyyy faster than Skyfire. And Skyfire needs to come out with a version that works better for our phone. The picture quality isnt that great.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I have yet to be even a little impressed with Skyfire. I keep checking the new versions as they come out though. Never hurts to have a free app in the competition mix.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Wond3r is becoming a great contributor

When I used skyfire, I couldnt stand the graphical and interface quirks it had with our phones.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:08 AM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I found skyfire quick to load pages but horrible at navigation. Opera is hands down much easier to use.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 12-17-2008, 10:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

dbigdawg is becoming a great contributor

I was a Skyfire guy on my Touch. The versions of Opera at the time were slow and unstable. The new versions of Opera a much faster than they used to be and the user interface is terrific. The Flash challenges are a drawback but I don't feel like it drastically alters my use. The VGA image quality and flo speed are really disappointing so I have removed it from my devie.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:29 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

i always get confuddled..... is mobile the feature rich one or the lightning fast java one

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development