PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2008, 09:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond
Carrier: MTS

littlerichie29 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Geberic kitchen/not carrier dependant roms

Which roms are not carrier dependant?

Also is there a kitchen that is not carrier specific? (i an on MTS, Manitoba Telecom Services) It is not on the list of carriers, but we should have a rom dump in the next few days, so hopefully we can get it added to the list.

I know Juicy's roms are generic, and mightys as well, but i would much prefer a kitchen, as there are alot of programs i don't have a use for.

Thanks

Last edited by littlerichie29; 12-13-2008 at 11:24 AM.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:26 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: Geberic kitchen/not carrier dependant roms

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlerichie29 View Post
Which roms are not carrier dependant?

Also is there a kitchen that is not carrier specific? (i an on MTS, Manitoba Telecom Services) It is not on the list of carriers, but we should have a rom dump in the next few days, so hopefully we can get it added to the list.

I know Juicy's roms are generic, and mightys as well, but i would much prefer a kitchen, as there are alot of porgrams i don't have a use for.

Thanks
Spell-check is obviously not one of them.
Sorry. I couldn't resist.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Hey, i was typing it on my diamond, bound to switch a few letters once in a while
Old 12-13-2008, 11:30 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

You can still use the kitchen an choose any of the carriers, it really doesn't make that much of a difference.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:08 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

the only real reason the cooks put in carrier info is because some carriers (mostly sprint) require a bunch of garbage settings to be just right in order to download software form the power deck site and to run sprint tv.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 12-15-2008, 06:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The Telus carrier oem is actually a generic oem.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thanks for the info...
Old 12-15-2008, 11:06 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
the only real reason the cooks put in carrier info is because some carriers (mostly sprint) require a bunch of garbage settings to be just right in order to download software form the power deck site and to run sprint tv.
Holy crap that is wrong.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development