PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Gscroll - Amazing Panel Control App, Gsensor, capacitive touch!

So the people at handango have released an amazing app that allows you to use the panel of the diamond to navigate through apps on our phones. Below is a description and attached is a cab for download (trial version).

For more info go to: http://www.mobilesrc.com/GScroll.aspx (source)

Enjoy and thank =)

‘Swipe’ to Scroll
GScroll allows you to swipe your finger left/right/up/down on the touch panel to scroll or navigate. This functionality will work in any Windows Mobile application that supports scrolling or navigation via the directional pad.
‘Tap & Tilt’ to Scroll
GScroll allows you to use your built in accelerometer to scroll or navigate any application. Simply double tap the center circle, and then begin tilting. To exit ‘Tap & Tilt’ mode, simply tap the touch panel.
Double-Tap Launch Zones
GScroll allows each of the 4 quadrants of the touch panel to be assigned to a custom application. Double tapping the quadrant will launch the application of your choosing. You can also assign custom actions to the hotkey, such as ‘Open Start Menu’ and ‘Close Current Application’.
Smart Scroll Mode
For both ‘Swipe’ and ‘Tap & Tilt’ scroll settings, you can either always scroll, always navigate (directional pad), or choose Smart Scroll Mode. This mode will choose the best suited method to control the current application. For example, PocketIE will scroll webpages, while swiping on the home screen will navigate up/down/left/right.

"
My Review

The app is great, it allows for you to control any app using the capacitive touch panel used by our diamond and the TP.

However one thing that might need a little tweaking is the app launch since it might take a few taps to launch it, its not extremely responsive.

As for the tilt and scroll features, well its absoloutely amazing, using the accelerometer you can scroll through pages, files etc.

I'm definetly purchasing the full version, the trial allows use for 2 minutes. You can always re launch the app by going into your program files and tapping the app.

Attached Files
File Type: cab gscrollcab.cab (87.5 KB, 93 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by mixxy; 12-08-2008 at 04:51 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-08-2008, 04:56 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Re: Gscroll - Amazing Panel Control App, Gsensor, capacitive touch!

You know, I notice a lot when I'm trying to use the directional buttons that I'll accidentally hit the back button or one of the phone buttons or something, so being able to simply swipe my finger is EXTREMELY useful. I also really like the double tap app launcher. I'm using it with task facade, oh and we can even use this with the wifi toggle app floating around. Just gotta find that now lol.

I'd say the price is right for this app.

edit:
I went ahead and bought it (don't dare pm me for a key.) I hope I'm leading by example for this very useful app.

Last edited by chronster; 12-08-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

the price is definetly right. Doesnt hurt to spend a few dollars for this app. but one this is for sure, this will change the way we control our device. But i still say the a lot of the credit should go to the guy on xda who used it with the lock application, cuz he was the first person to mention capacitive touch.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:01 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

is the app. diamond specific? sounds good, probably work on pro.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
is the app. diamond specific? sounds good, probably work on pro.
the app WILL work on both diamond AND the pro.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:09 PM
i like turtles

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Yeah I'm using pro.

Go ahead and buy it. Do it. Do it. Do it.

Do it.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:12 PM
i like turtles

Ahh crap. Hey mixxy where did that settings window get installed to? Do I need to navigate to the program files directory or am I just not seeing it my settings or programs window?

document says: The settings for GScroll can be found in the system control panel under 'mobileSRC GScroll'.

but this is false. It's not there

Last edited by chronster; 12-08-2008 at 05:15 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
Ahh crap. Hey mixxy where did that settings window get installed to? Do I need to navigate to the program files directory or am I just not seeing it my settings or programs window?
the settings will go into the start-settings-system- mobilesrc gscroll

=) hope this helps
Old 12-08-2008, 05:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: sprint

diomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

and how well does it work?

I coudln't get the demo to work too well It would scroll, but wasn't very smooth. (in opera)
-mark
Old 12-08-2008, 05:21 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

thankyou mixxy kind sir.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development