PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2008, 03:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: TELUS / Verizon Wireless

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Devileyezz
Exclamation Moving from TELUS to Cricket

Hi,

I currently own a HTC Diamond on the TELUS network that is running MSR 2.7 ROM. Which means, I had to 'unlock' it first.

I was wondering, if I move to Cricket network in the USA with this unlocked Diamond, would it work? Cricket says yes it will, but I wanted to know if technically through this ROM firmware thing, would it work?

Thanks!
Old 11-28-2008, 04:03 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: Moving from TELUS to Cricket

if they say they will activate it then yes

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 11-28-2008, 04:58 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Just read the 20 other threads on it, it's been done.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
Just read the 20 other threads on it, it's been done.
TELUS' CDMA unlocked device working on another country's CDMA network?
How come Search is NEVER my best friend, but is for smartypants like you?
Old 11-29-2008, 06:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Cricket

dcperdue is keeping up the good workdcperdue is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to dcperdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devileyezz View Post
Hi,

I currently own a HTC Diamond on the TELUS network that is running MSR 2.7 ROM. Which means, I had to 'unlock' it first.

I was wondering, if I move to Cricket network in the USA with this unlocked Diamond, would it work? Cricket says yes it will, but I wanted to know if technically through this ROM firmware thing, would it work?

Thanks!
All the cdma diamonds are the same accept for verizons whenever it comes out. And the only diff with that is the card and cpu speed. So us people like myself who have a sprint diamond which is the same as your telus diamond have it running on cricket just fine. Try searching it does work.

Now that your unlocked hit ##778 or ##778# hit edit and try entering six zeros if it dont work then find out your spc code. once inside set your msid and stuff which cricket will give you when you activate your diamonds esn. Then grab yourself the 1050 evdo prl and update your prl.

Seriously man take the time and do some research like the rest of do and have. I mean the hardest part is done all you have to do is spend some time reading and searching. Perhaps search diamond on cricket. Or perhaps sprint diamond on cricket or how about flashing diamond to cricket......

Last edited by dcperdue; 11-29-2008 at 06:18 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:25 PM
Kitchen Builder

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Apparently it doesn't only work for me
Old 11-29-2008, 10:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcperdue View Post
All the cdma diamonds are the same accept for verizons whenever it comes out. And the only diff with that is the card and cpu speed. So us people like myself who have a sprint diamond which is the same as your telus diamond have it running on cricket just fine. Try searching it does work.

Now that your unlocked hit ##778 or ##778# hit edit and try entering six zeros if it dont work then find out your spc code. once inside set your msid and stuff which cricket will give you when you activate your diamonds esn. Then grab yourself the 1050 evdo prl and update your prl.

Seriously man take the time and do some research like the rest of do and have. I mean the hardest part is done all you have to do is spend some time reading and searching. Perhaps search diamond on cricket. Or perhaps sprint diamond on cricket or how about flashing diamond to cricket......
Now that is some firsthand help. I appreciate it, even though you're teaching me about the soothing buddhaness effects of search and re-search.

However, in my defense, I assure you.. I tried "diamond cricket", and the only threads that came up were two about stuff like whether Diamond is coming out for Cricket, etc. Having said that, I really really appreciate your straight to the point help which nailed it. Now I have no doubts in my head about Cricket because I don't have to mashup and blend 20 different threads about this topic to generate a favourable answer for my head.

God bless.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
Apparently it doesn't only work for me
I could argue and say it's you on another profile. But then it wouldn't really be seen as a festive Christmassy comment, now would it? Besides, it would be plain ol' non-sensical on my part.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Cricket

dcperdue is keeping up the good workdcperdue is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to dcperdue

your welcome.

Head over to www.howardforums.com its dedicated to cricket and they got tutes on the diamond. I would post a direct link but i just reformatted and lost all my links as I forgot to backup my faves.
Old 11-30-2008, 01:16 AM
Kitchen Builder

Devileyezz is a regular at HoFo, no worries there.

Why is it that you want to switch to Cricket over Telus?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development