PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 10:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

akareem27 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Will flashing a custom rom void my warranty?

I have the sprint version and was thinking of flashing juiscy's rom.I've searched but got mixed answers.some say yes and some say no.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

jgillard is keeping up the good workjgillard is keeping up the good work
Re: Will flashing a custom rom void my warranty?

It will void your warranty if they find out about it. If you need to send the device in for warranty service you would have to flash the stock rom back and relock your device.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Threadstarter

akareem27 is a n00b

so what if i brick it?
Old 11-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

nttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If you brick it there's a good chance you're gonna have to buy a new phone with no warranty or insurance coverage. Juggalo here recently briked his phone and was able to recover with some expert help. So if you do brick it ask the right persons and they'll gladly oblige to assist you, thats the best part of this community.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by akareem27 View Post
so what if i brick it?
If you read all the stickies and follow the instruction, you really don't have anything to worry about. And besides, it might take awhile but I'm sure that someone would be able to help you
Old 11-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Once you get past the unlocker, there is virtually NO way you can brick your device by using one of the ROMs posted here. They include only the OS and nothing else, and any problems can be easily fixed.

Note: The shipped Sprint ROM (the .exe file) is not included in this, as it contains a radio, spl, etc...

Flash away.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:57 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

My 2nd Touch just broke, the charger port no longer worked. I could not reflash a stock Rom. After 2.5 hours at the repair store, they said they would order a replacement Touch. They also said if I bring it in again for repair with a custom ROM they would not replace or repair it as it voids the warranty.

My question is, this is not a warranty issue is it? I am having it repaired/replaced under the TEP program. In the Terms and conditions of the Repair program( in pamphlet at the store) it doesn't say anything about voiding the contract if you have custom software on it.

After coming back home with a charged battery, I was able to put the Stock .nbh on a 512 memory card and reflash through bootloader. So it is Now technically Stock, even though they are already replacing it. Just FYI.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch

scabsk8s is a n00b

i have had to replace several touch's (vogue) & 1 diamond ,all of them have been flashed with a custom rom & have never had any trouble..i have insurance & i would not have this kind of phone without it ..
i just had to get a new diamond about a week ago after flashing with caulkins latest ROM because it froze ,don't know if it was the rom or the hardware but i had no trouble from sprint ..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development