PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2008, 07:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsung moment
Carrier: sprint

shakuyi is keeping up the good workshakuyi is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Gyrator Settings

I thought this would be fun so we can find out what would the best and most responsive settings we can use on the gyrator so it doesnt matter what angle we hold the phone at it will determine it and hopefully rotate the screen quicker

hopefully more people like myself have decided to play with the settings....im not talking about creating different events im talking about x, y, z axis etc...

x-axis= 50
y-axis= 50
z-axis = 80
movement sensitivity= 2 ( i left this the same since i didnt notice a change difference)
polling interval= 500 (i left this the same since i didnt notice any changes)
Old 10-19-2008, 03:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik
Re: Gyrator Settings

What we need is an updated INI that has all the screens that can be configured. I disabled Gyrator when no matter what I could do... it still rotated my Lock Screen/Volume Screen/Unlock Screen.

I know that I should be able to turn the list into a whitelist instead of a black list.... But I got too frustrated chasing the unlock button.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I created a rule that says NOTHING will rotate and then created specific rules for what I wanted to rotate. Works like a charm.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:36 AM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c

Aceracer24 how did you complete that task
Thank a Fellow Geeker If you have been helped by hitting the button below
Old 10-19-2008, 11:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by athlet1c View Post
Aceracer24 how did you complete that task
What do you mean? What is the rule? I deleted all of the rules that were in there by default and then just applied the below rule.

* 1 0 0

Then I made specific rules I wanted for things like text. I have no issues. However, I do not use any lock programs what so ever. Still though, nothing rotates on my phone except for what I have a rule for so I am assuming it works fine.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:41 AM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c

Ah ok thanks much
Old 10-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

thats a good tip, i'll give that a try!

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 10-20-2008, 01:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: samsung moment
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

shakuyi is keeping up the good workshakuyi is keeping up the good work

one thing i did was i set touchflo to only rotate to reverse portrait i dont have a good place to leave my phone in the car when its charging usually sits upside down in my cupholder now i can actually read the screen lol i like most other applications to rotate too any application i dont like i create a separate rule for it and put it at the top of the list
Old 10-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

hoopsdavis is keeping up the good workhoopsdavis is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to hoopsdavis Send a message via MSN to hoopsdavis Send a message via Yahoo to hoopsdavis

I'm curious, does the Gyrator drain your battery at a faster rate than not having Gyrator on your phone? Or is it not noticeable?
Old 10-20-2008, 02:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

hoopsdavis is keeping up the good workhoopsdavis is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to hoopsdavis Send a message via MSN to hoopsdavis Send a message via Yahoo to hoopsdavis

I can't seem to get the Gyrator to install successfully.

once I run the cab, I get error saying it was unsuccessful

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development