PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 04:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

dkotoric is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Picmail Error: G66

I'm not roaming at all and I haven't been able to use pic mail on Juicy's 3.2 rom. I keep getting the G66 error.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Spring

sixxth is a n00b

unplug phone from pc ---> perfect answer....and an easy fix...phew..thx
Old 04-13-2009, 07:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

stillryan is a n00b

I see this alot at my store (i'm a tech at a sprint repair store). When you get a G## error it's usually a picture mail account issue. There are times when just resetting the phone, flashing to stock rom or a hard reset will fix that. Also, be sure to go to the picture mail website at pictures.sprintpcs.com and make sure that you are registered by trying your username and password, or requesting your password.

Other times you will probably need to call customer care and get to tech support (option 4 i believe) and tell them that your picture mail isn't working and give them the specific error code. Usually this is fixed in the system with a picture mail account reset on the Sprint side, or just making sure that picture mail is provisioned on your account and you're good.

Very rarely (i've only had this maybe 3 or 4 times in almost 4 years) a trouble ticket will have to be made and let the network engineers or higher level tech support work on it. That usually takes a couple days because it's more than just a refresh of some settings.

But before you call, try resetting your phone, or doing a hard reset if possible. So many internet and messaging issues are fixed that way. Plus, if you're using a custom ROM, they'll most likely tell you that it will not work if you have made modifications to the phone's software.

Personally, Iknow it will work. But there are only a couple techs in my area that are willing to try custom ROM's on thier ppc's, let alone know what they are or what to do with them. That's because almost every single software related issue on any phone is either caused by someone playing with settings that they shouldn't mess with or downloading crap programs that mess up the phone. Pretty much everyone on these boards already knows this, but your average cell phone customer does not.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development