PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [UPDATED Bench Marked Results post 75 ] Official CDMA Diamond Radio Rom Thread

ok thanks for the mirrors!!! installed the vzw radio rom and yes its a radio rom...it hard reset my device but didnt monkey around with anything else...prl was the same...only hiccup was with sprint tv got a vid error but that resolved itself with a soft reset...so far so good...signal in my house is the same...gps locks the same...evdo is the same...ill know more about the battery in the morning when it dies will report findings as they come!

Old 10-22-2008, 03:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: [UPDATED Bench Marked Results post 75 ] Official CDMA Diamond Radio Rom Thread

post results guys and thanks i will update first post with mirrors kevan

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Blackberry 8330
Carrier: Sprint SERO

steps is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to steps

I now get a consistent 5 bars at work and home its between 4 and 5 bars...FAR BETTER then the Sprint radio....Thanks!
Old 10-22-2008, 03:33 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by steps View Post
I now get a consistent 5 bars at work and home its between 4 and 5 bars...FAR BETTER then the Sprint radio....Thanks!
no probloem. i thought this radio was better too signal wise... but i doubt my self on the signal quality i always psych my self out lol
Old 10-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Stock)

matthew23 is becoming a great contributor

flashed perfect for me, no real changes known yet.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

can u do a simple sprite backup and restore once you flash the radio sincei t hard resets? its been a while since i flashed a radio i dont think it touches the phone ROM though, just the radio portion so it should be ok to restore a backup.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:49 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
can u do a simple sprite backup and restore once you flash the radio sincei t hard resets? its been a while since i flashed a radio i dont think it touches the phone ROM though, just the radio portion so it should be ok to restore a backup.
yes since its just the radio and not os rom it will work fine.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

goitsme48 is a n00b

Juicy, if this thing works, do you plan to put it in 2.6 ROM? Thanks!!
Old 10-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

ecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularecker2008 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

thanks.. this radio definitely boosted my signal.. now i get full bars where as before i was only getting 1-2.. i am happy with it so far, but i just flashed it so i will post more results later! thanks again
Old 10-22-2008, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

daryllh is becoming a great contributor

to those who have done the radio switch:

Juggalo_X posted that he suggests to backup some stuff (first post). What backup tool is used to do this? I have Sprite but didn't see any options for these items.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development