PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2008, 09:07 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flashing a Rom or Radio from the 4 gig internal storage

Okay, so now I am at the point were I can start flashing at will with my diamond. but be warned this is a procedure as hand cramping as a hardreset.

As ALWAYS, you mess with your phone at your own risk, if you break something more often than not the good folks at ppcgeeks will try to help you, but anything you do is with the understanding that only you are liable for messing with your phone.

first make sure your diamond is unlocked using the stickies.
to do this follow Tobeychris' guide
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062
follow this thread step by step for the UNLOCKING YOUR PHONE: section. after that come back here. (if you have already unlocked your phone at a previous time this is not needed unless you performed a re-lock at some point.)

from this point you need to find yourself the rom you want to flash. the rom will be in a file with a .nbh extension. there are numerous posts with custom roms, and you can find them in the upgrades threads or even tobey links to many of them. if when you download the rom its in an exe that means that someone put their rom into a self extraction zip file and you will need to open that exe using either 7zip (free) or winrar (not free) and pull the .nbh file (RUU_SIGNED.nbh) out of it and transfer it to your phone.

okay now you need to get your .nbh file on your root directory of the internal storage. by root directory that means directly on the "/internal storage" and not in a folder.

next rename that file from RUU_SIGNED.nbh to DIAMIMG.nbh (Note: if you rename it after transferring the file to your phone. Windows mobile hides extensions so don’t tack on an extra .nbh EG: RUU_SIGNED to DIAMIMG)

now you need to hold power, volume down, AND the "<-" button (the button just above end call) it is confirmed that the back button is required for flashing from the internal storage.

at this point once you have all of those buttons pressed, you need to do the magical dance to figure out how to press the stylus into the soft reset hole.
(as an alternative you can completely power off the phone, then hold backspace and volume and while holding those press and hold power till the bootloader pops up)

if done correctly, you will be prompted to press the power button to update the phone.

you are also given the option to press the circle button to cancel and not update if you decide at the last second to not flash.

once it reaches 100% it will just sit there so after it completes you will need to either soft reset or pull the battery. I recommend pulling the battery because sometimes certain roms are quirky and just need the harder reset than just pushing the soft reset button. (don't confuse that statement with a hard reset, though after a new flash I usually do that as well out of paranoia but usually is not needed unless you have some problems.)

It has been confirmed by hippity that flashing JUST the radio via this method does not initiate a hard reset so your data should stay in tact, though I recommend backing up anyways just in case.

**Edit**
I did a little more research, and this is called entering "Triggered bootloader mode" as apposed to the normal bootloader mode.

Happy flashing everybody

**extra edit**
I got my Touch pro yesterday, so though I try to check my old guide threads I may forget so first post your question here, then if I dont get back to you (or someone else doesn't answer your question) pm me and ill get back to whomever asap.
** added hippity's confirmation about flashing JUST the radio from the internal memory not initiating a hard reset.

Last edited by cornelious2; 06-25-2009 at 07:18 PM.
This post has been thanked 71 times.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:17 AM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: I figured out how to flash from internal memory!!!

Im seeing alot of views but no replies. Anyone else getting this to work/not getting this to work etc?
Old 10-15-2008, 11:30 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

You sure you need the backspace? Sounds like bootloader to me...
Old 10-15-2008, 11:35 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

no need for back space, if the boot loader detects an image on the storage that matches the name it looks for it will ask you to flash.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 10-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

it does not work for me unless I hold the backspace when entering bootloader, the other way it just enters bootloader and sits. I just tried it again to make sure. can you confirm it flashes from the internal storage withouth the backspace toby or juggalo?
Old 10-15-2008, 12:41 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
it does not work for me unless I hold the backspace when entering bootloader, the other way it just enters bootloader and sits. I just tried it again to make sure. can you confirm it flashes from the internal storage withouth the backspace toby or juggalo?
i will test on my next rom flash, i could be wrong.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

k cool thanks, flashing from the storage is sooooooooooooo much nicer. besides I can leave a copy of stock on the phone if I need to quickly bring it in for service. now I just need the option to upgrade/downgrade the bootloader via the phone and ill be able to go from stock to custom and back in under 20 minutes like on my titan.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:45 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
i will test on my next rom flash, i could be wrong.
also I doubt it, but it could be a telus/sprint small hardware difference if it works for you we will have to find a sprint user to try besides just me.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Desire (Telstra) / at&t Nexus One
Carrier: at&t

cortez is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

can the Unlocker/Relocker be run from internal storage as well? thanks.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:27 PM
Blabber mouth
Threadstarter

I honestly dont know. if the unlocker uses an nbh file then... probably but I cannot say that with any certianty. though no2chem has a diamond so if not I would bet money that will be available in the next couple months. I guess the question is... how lucky do you feel lol.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development