PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

sfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flip_IT Reg Tweaks

So I am using Flip_IT to rotate my device (it is compatible with Manila Landscape) and am trying to perfect it so that it only flips when I want it to.
So far I have been playing around with these registry settings with mixed results:
Code:
<characteristic type="HKLM\Software\HTC\HTCSensor\GSensor" >
	<parm name="FaceupToLandscapeThreshold" value="80" datatype="integer"/>
	<parm name="CheckingTime" value="500" datatype="integer"/>
	<parm name="TilingAngleThresholdEx" value="30" datatype="integer"/>
	<parm name="RotateAngleThresholdEx" value="40" datatype="integer"/>
	<parm name="FaceupAsPortrait" value="0" datatype="integer"/>
	<parm name="LandscapeAngleThreshold" value="35" datatype="integer"/>
	<parm name="PostureChangeAlarm" value="0" datatype="integer"/>
	<parm name="FaceupAngleThreshold" value="30" datatype="integer"/>
	<parm name="LandscapeToP0Threshold" value="40" datatype="integer"/>
	<parm name="FaceupToLandscape" value="0" datatype="integer"/>
	<parm name="NotifyAppRotationMask" value="63" datatype="integer"/>
	<parm name="TilingAngleThreshold" value="20" datatype="integer"/>
	<parm name="RotateAngleThreshold" value="45"datatype="integer"/>
</characteristic>
Anybody else have thoughts ideas on what has worked best for them?
Old 12-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

nttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Flip_IT Reg Tweaks

Yeah I've been fighting with those settings with mixed results. I'd like the phone to always go to portrait when its faceup on my desk and to only rotate to landscape when you have it at practically 90 degrees. Haven't had much luck in getting it to behave like that.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA

crackity is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by nttdemented View Post
Yeah I've been fighting with those settings with mixed results. I'd like the phone to always go to portrait when its faceup on my desk and to only rotate to landscape when you have it at practically 90 degrees. Haven't had much luck in getting it to behave like that.
I agree, but instead of it going to portrait when face up or face down, it should always stay in the mode you were in. Ie, if you were in landscape, then set the phone on the desk, it would still be in landscape. Same goes for portrait, etc. I dont think it would be too hard for the developers either if it cant be done with these registry options...

looks like we should try messing with the faceup related values.... will try myself later if I have time

Last edited by crackity; 12-04-2008 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA

crackity is a n00b

so changing FaceUpAsPortrait to "1" didnt do that?

Quote:
Old 12-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I'll mess with some of these settings later if i have time... i'd like it to not rotate to landscape until 90 degrees as well...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 12-05-2008, 11:40 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

anyone found a good set of values for these?

I've been trying different stuff, mostly looking to get it to stay the same when it is flat and face up.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

sfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuffsfxc13 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
anyone found a good set of values for these?

I've been trying different stuff, mostly looking to get it to stay the same when it is flat and face up.
so far mine is getting worse not better. Says a lot for my registry tweak skills I know.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

nttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackity View Post
so changing FaceUpAsPortrait to "1" didnt do that?
Nope setting that to 1 did not do that. I'm still playing with mine. Its way to sensitive to going into landscape when its face up on the desk and you pick it up. Like the motion of picking up the phone throws the phone into landscape and back into portrait after a second of holding it upright. Other things are keeping me busy though.
Old 12-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Other things are keeping me busy though.
ditto
Old 12-07-2008, 05:05 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

after fooling around with these settings for a couple days, I've decided that the flip menu is not worth hassle and uninstalled it, haha.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development