PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   How far can ROMs go? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40324)

daryllh 10-13-2008 03:40 PM

How far can ROMs go?

Mostly in regards to Juicy's ROMs. I haven't tried anybody else's.

How far can we go with ROM upgrading before all the enhancements are at their fullest potential?

How far can Juicy go with what he has to work with? I'm not a geek when it comes to building ROMs but I would think that there would be a limit to what can be modified. I would also think that another path would be open when and if Sprint or Telus release an official update? Would that allow ROM creators another avenue to tweak?

hibby50 10-13-2008 03:45 PM

Re: How far can ROMs go?

we can go AS FAR AS WE FREAKIN WANT!!!!! thats the beauty of wm

hempy 10-13-2008 03:47 PM

ROMs, like all modifications, are limited to what the manufacturer decides to release. OEMs, apps, and other software can be dumped from other devices or imitated, but crucial updates and radio upgrades are dependant upon the manufacturer or service provider.

daryllh 10-13-2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hempy (Post 457043)
ROMs, like all modifications, are limited to what the manufacturer decides to release. OEMs, apps, and other software can be dumped from other devices or imitated, but crucial updates and radio upgrades are dependant upon the manufacturer or service provider.

that's what I thought (per the 2nd part of my post).

Devileyezz 10-13-2008 05:59 PM

World Domination can be had at the touch of a button. I think Juicy 3.0 will have that.

tobeychris 10-13-2008 07:58 PM

I saw the secretive pre-release development change-log, it also included such things as "Changing the channel on your TV", "Increased screen brightness that allows screen projection" and "3G connectivity".

abovelegit 10-13-2008 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobeychris (Post 457400)
I saw the secretive pre-release development change-log, it also included such things as "Changing the channel on your TV", "Increased screen brightness that allows screen projection" and "3G connectivity".

you can already change the channel with slingbox :P

tobeychris 10-13-2008 10:19 PM

OMG You're right...

now that you mention it... I think they're already 3G too!

Juicy47 10-13-2008 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobeychris (Post 457400)

EVDO is a 3G technology, it just doesn't allow voice & data at the same time like HSPA (what people typically call 3G)

tobeychris 10-13-2008 10:25 PM

Hah..