PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2008, 11:24 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any of the custom guys out here got a sprint dump based rom?

I have been scouring over here and xda and the general consensus is that the sprint rom is a bit more like the gsm roms (translating to more compatible with the software). has anyone thought of/tried to base a rom off a sprint dump rather than a telus one? I would honestly like to do this myself as I do have programming experience, but I really have no clue were to get started on a task such as this.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Any of the custom guys out here got a sprint dump based rom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
I have been scouring over here and xda and the general consensus is that the sprint rom is a bit more like the gsm roms (translating to more compatible with the software). has anyone thought of/tried to base a rom off a sprint dump rather than a telus one? I would honestly like to do this myself as I do have programming experience, but I really have no clue were to get started on a task such as this.
Most of the drivers in the kitchen base have been converted to the ones from the Sprint rom. Ill check again, but they should be almost the same now
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:16 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now
Threadstarter

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

that's good to hear. though I read that the telus rom still uses a non standard library for at the very least the gsensor.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Well, the kitchen everyone is using uses the same library as the Sprint rom
Old 10-13-2008, 04:21 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

I have the shipped rom thanks to no2chem
Old 10-13-2008, 08:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO
Carrier: Sprint

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

id like to be able to have the device management on some of the custom roms. so that when i call tech support and they say Update profile or PRL i can actually do it, and also have the device activate itself when i need to ##786# it. my pic mail never works on any of these custom ROMS, so i would thikn a clean Sprint dump would allow it too.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

The shipped Sprint rom and Telus rom have been posted for quite some time
Old 10-14-2008, 11:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1909 View Post
id like to be able to have the device management on some of the custom roms. so that when i call tech support and they say Update profile or PRL i can actually do it, and also have the device activate itself when i need to ##786# it. my pic mail never works on any of these custom ROMS, so i would thikn a clean Sprint dump would allow it too.
i agree, trying to troubleshoot MMS w/sprint on the phone running the juicy ROM was troublesome b/c there were no update profile or PRL shortcuts...

i wonder how hard would it be to .cab those (or if that's possible)...?
Old 10-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Almost a VIP

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHKis View Post
i agree, trying to troubleshoot MMS w/sprint on the phone running the juicy ROM was troublesome b/c there were no update profile or PRL shortcuts...

i wonder how hard would it be to .cab those (or if that's possible)...?
well i extracted the cab from the Stock ROM, but when i try to install it on Juicy it says the install was unsuccessful. :/

if i ##786# my phone and reset from the menu ( which makes the phone bare as if out of box before activation) and load the stock sprint ROM, the over the air device setup will activate my ophone, and i have no problem with sprint MMS at alll. but as soon as i flash to any other ROM, i cannot receive any pics, and when i send them, they stay Pending. it makes no sense at all to me.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettofreeryder View Post
The shipped Sprint rom and Telus rom have been posted for quite some time
location?
i think i have the shipped sprint, but when i try to take stuff out of it, and build it to my suit. when the phone starts up, it goes through its customizations and will fail becuase i have removed files such as sprint NAV and stuff. how can i make it so that it wont fail when it comes to customization time?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development