PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2008, 05:50 AM
Lurker

the1obster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Google maps?

I just downloaded google maps and it seems that I can not get my location. Is my gps location not on?
Old 10-10-2008, 06:20 AM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k
Re: Google maps?

correct, my location is still in beta i believe and is not supported for all handsets. my mogul being on of em. it will work. you have to hit settings and select use gps. once you have a lock my location will work. if your cruising around the map, and your gps is locked and you hit my location it will take you to your location.
Don't forget to hit the

Old 10-10-2008, 11:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

threeFiftyLi is becoming a great contributor

click "use gps" and it will work.

is there a way to get google maps to follow you as you go just like live search does. I end up having to hit my location over and over again to center the map on my location. it also doesn't recalculate when you go off route.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Geek'n it Up

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Use gps should center it on your postition. if not look on the screen for a return arrow or a button that says return.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:28 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeFiftyLi View Post
click "use gps" and it will work.

is there a way to get google maps to follow you as you go just like live search does. I end up having to hit my location over and over again to center the map on my location. it also doesn't recalculate when you go off route.
this also works on my diamond.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 4G
Carrier: Telus

SmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuff

google maps follows me on my Diamond...... I just click on USE GPS - Wait for it to lock on my location, click on "MY LOCATION" and Voila -
Old 10-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

dakidobf is keeping up the good workdakidobf is keeping up the good work

I think he means that it won't follow you on a turn-by-turn basis when you put directions in. if you hit my location, it doesn't tell you what the next turns are. Don't think there's a way to get it to do that. And it definitely does not recalculate your route...
Old 10-10-2008, 08:11 PM
Geek'n it Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakidobf View Post
I think he means that it won't follow you on a turn-by-turn basis when you put directions in. if you hit my location, it doesn't tell you what the next turns are. Don't think there's a way to get it to do that. And it definitely does not recalculate your route...
tracky will give you turn by turn spoken directions. www.trackthisout.com

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development