PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 01:02 AM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
stuck in bootloader and won't boot to mobile os

i was trying to unlocker the phone but for some reason active sync crashed and it didn't finish. then i attempt to recover and unlock again but active sync doesn't detect 262.

how do i get out of bootloader since it's stuck and hardreset won't get me out of it. nor does reseting nor powering off.

yup got error 262 but i tried this and it didn't work

-> ERROR [262] : UPDATE ERROR
This error occurs during the CE ROM code upgrade process.
Solution: If this happens, you can just soft-reset the device and run RUU again. The update process will then continue.
Note: At this stage, the Wince is destroyed; instead, it is in upgrade mode.

it brings me here

security unlock
DIAM500
SPL-0.57.0000
MicroP-Diam (LED) vB
PSQC Diam STAGE_EVT V20

it says this in the middle of the screen
upgrade rom code error
please try again

but when i try again i get error 262. active sync doesn't detect the device either

Last edited by twe90kid; 10-09-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:39 AM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Threadstarter

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: stuck in bootloader and won't boot to mobile os

help please? i desperately need this phone to be working
Old 10-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Try hard reseting (Power, Volume Down, Circle Key + Reset).

If that doesn't work, I'd return your phone unless cmonex sees this thread. She'll probably be the only one who can help you, that or Oli, and maybe Coke.

Also, I think your screen says LED, not LES.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

sjh858 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to sjh858

bummer dude. I had something kind of similar to this, my ROM Update Utility lost connection to the device (as I CONSTANTLY don't push the USB connector far enough into the phone). I did a hard reset and it booted back into the OS without any damage (phew!). Keep it plugged into the USB and attempt to run the ROM Update Utility again?! I'm really not sure, but I feel your pain as I freaked out I almost bricked my phone too. It doesn't look like you unlocked the phone, so I would just take it to a Sprint Store and tell them that popped up for no reason. Do NOT let them know you were trying to change ROM's as that might validate them not doing a swap out. Otherwise hopefully someone on here with a good knowleadge of these phones could help you out. Good Luck!!

Steve
Old 10-09-2008, 10:50 AM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
Try hard reseting (Power, Volume Down, Circle Key + Reset).

If that doesn't work, I'd return your phone unless cmonex sees this thread. She'll probably be the only one who can help you, that or Oli, and maybe Coke.

Also, I think your screen says LED, not LES.
yup it says LED

also when i run the RRU it wouldn't detect the previous Image on the phone

Last edited by twe90kid; 10-09-2008 at 10:54 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

money_32 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
security unlock
DIAM500
SPL-0.57.0000
MicroP-Diam (LES) vB
PSQC Diam STAGE_EVT V20
so you can get to the tri-colour screen? in the white bar at the bottom does it say 'Serial'? when you plug in your phone to the pc, check to see if that changes to 'USB'. if it does, try flashin a rom (any will do..juicy, stock, etc) and see if the flash goes through. don't worry about activesync.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:00 AM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by money_32 View Post
so you can get to the tri-colour screen? in the white bar at the bottom does it say 'Serial'? when you plug in your phone to the pc, check to see if that changes to 'USB'. if it does, try flashin a rom (any will do..juicy, stock, etc) and see if the flash goes through. don't worry about activesync.
yes it does say usb
also the phone isn't unlocked so how would the juicy rom be flashable?
i keep getting errror 262

i think the KEY PROBLEM IS HERE
when i run the RRU it wouldn't detect the previous Image on the phone

Last edited by twe90kid; 10-09-2008 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 4G

SmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuff

reflash the stock rom from the bootloader screen.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

money_32 is becoming a great contributor

bummer....i dunno then. found this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=298516

but i dont know if that will help you. good luck!
Old 10-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
yes it does say usb
also the phone isn't unlocked so how would the juicy rom be flashable?
i keep getting errror 262

i think the KEY PROBLEM IS HERE
when i run the RRU it wouldn't detect the previous Image on the phone
Well... it's not.

It can't detect the previous image because you started it from bootloader. Anyone who does this won't have that detected. Also, you're right, it's not unlocked so you can't flash a ROM. Your only hope is for a hard reset that allows you to boot into the OS or someone with an advanced knowledge of the spl and how to fix it without being able to use an sspl since you can't get into the os.

Go return your phone.

Last edited by tobeychris; 10-09-2008 at 12:44 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development