PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: Sprint

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Tenny
Clean Roms?

Hey everyone,

Well I am always looking for a "pretty" clean rom, but rarely find what I am looking for. OMJ actually did a very nice clean rom for the Vogue, but no one has a clean one with the Diamond.

So I tried building my own, and it's cleaner, but it has many other bugs such as:
-Compact QWRTY will not stay as default SIP
-Phone randomly doesn't not (soft) turn off
-Sometimes will not return

Then they lack some features I like such as the default Sprint theme, and most importantly more storage space.

So in reality I think the best bet would be to start with the Sprint rom, and just remove a few programs that most people don't really need on it (like mp3 trimmer, et all). Hell if someone could just compact it so it gives us more space to begin with, I'd be happy.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: Clean Roms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenny View Post
Hey everyone,

Well I am always looking for a "pretty" clean rom, but rarely find what I am looking for. OMJ actually did a very nice clean rom for the Vogue, but no one has a clean one with the Diamond.

So I tried building my own, and it's cleaner, but it has many other bugs such as:
-Compact QWRTY will not stay as default SIP
-Phone randomly doesn't not (soft) turn off
-Sometimes will not return

Then they lack some features I like such as the default Sprint theme, and most importantly more storage space.

So in reality I think the best bet would be to start with the Sprint rom, and just remove a few programs that most people don't really need on it (like mp3 trimmer, et all). Hell if someone could just compact it so it gives us more space to begin with, I'd be happy.
u know Juicy's rom is a clean rom
it dont have crap added. just cleaned up and some tweaks.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 10-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
u know Juicy's rom is a clean rom
it dont have crap added. just cleaned up and some tweaks.
Ahh, I didn't realize that.

Does the sprint version run the sprint version of TF3D? I just ask because if I try and add the theme through the TF3D Config program, it takes about 20mb of storage away
Old 10-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

I also just re-installed the sprint rom, and didn't let the customizations run, and it seem to be doing pretty decent. Yeah it still has some sprint bloat, but I have 80mb free after the install. With my clean rom I usually had about 10-12mb more.

For some reason though, when I first got the device it only had about 30-40mb free, not sure why.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
I also just re-installed the sprint rom, and didn't let the customizations run, and it seem to be doing pretty decent. Yeah it still has some sprint bloat, but I have 80mb free after the install. With my clean rom I usually had about 10-12mb more.

For some reason though, when I first got the device it only had about 30-40mb free, not sure why.
you didnt let the customizations run thats why its got more free space.... but part of that customizations is the carrier settings. so dont expect the MMS or OZIM to work correctly untill you allow the sprint customizations to run.

Juicys rom uses the HTC Black OEM theme but you can add the sprint theme back to afterwards if you like. it in cludes none of the sprint crap. its all bone HTC stock. anything sprint can be added after the fact via cab installers
Old 10-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Ahh, I didn't realize that.

Does the sprint version run the sprint version of TF3D? I just ask because if I try and add the theme through the TF3D Config program, it takes about 20mb of storage away
you can install the sprint theme after the fact it over writes the HTC black one so it dont take any extra space.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
you didnt let the customizations run thats why its got more free space.... but part of that customizations is the carrier settings. so dont expect the MMS or OZIM to work correctly untill you allow the sprint customizations to run.

Juicys rom uses the HTC Black OEM theme but you can add the sprint theme back to afterwards if you like. it in cludes none of the sprint crap. its all bone HTC stock. anything sprint can be added after the fact via cab installers
Well I didn't think the customizations would take 40mb, which is what suprised me the most.

Anyways how would I get the Sprint theme back w/o using the sprint.theme file. If I use the TF3D Config, it would eat up about 20mb of storage space, when I rather just replace the files there. I notice that the file names are not all the same between what my device already has (sprint theme) and what's in the sprint.theme file (found on xda).

Flashing to Juicy rom now though...
Old 10-08-2008, 12:50 PM
Retired Staff

all sprint themes are here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...t=sprint+theme just install them. it doesn't really eat 20 mb
Old 10-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Well... juicy's rom is kinda there, but still full of HTC stuff I don't want on there... both Sprint and it seem to have the enlarge start menu which I cannot get rid of. I tried downloading a cab of it, and installing, then uninstalling with no luck.

That was one of the nice things about the kitchen, at least that worked.

Juicy's rom would be great if I could just remove a few things from it... trying to extract it, but not getting much luck currently...
Old 10-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Retired Staff

you can shut off the large start menu by going to Start > Settings > System > Touch Flo

also what would you like to have removed?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development