PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 08:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

mbord is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Who has the best rom?

Simple question..who do you think has the best?
Old 10-26-2008, 09:09 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Who has the best rom?

Juicy has hands-down the best battery life... I've used mighty rom and if i leave opera mobile open but minimized, my battery is drained like no other...

I recommend juicy's roms...

to be honest, no matter what anyone does, WM is gunna be a lag

Once the Android OS from the G1 is ported and working on the Diamond, it won't matter what rom i use.... I'm starting to get sick of Windows Mobile's poor answers to the iphones fluidity with TF3D. There's a big difference between an OS like apples' and an extra app (TF3D) which uses the new drivers... Its just a mask for WM's sluggishness, cuz as soon as you get out of TF3D, its back to the same old same old.
But Android seems to have the right answer. I'm just glad it will eventually work for many htc devices.

Sorry to ramble... Go with Juicy's

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
Old 10-26-2008, 09:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Diamond
Threadstarter

mbord is just getting started

Yes I am using juicy 2.4 right now. I tried to install 2.6 but he took off black theme and now just has green one on it. I know I can add a theme...I tried but it didnt change the taskbar color. I returned it back to 2.4.
I wanted to find out if there was something better out there.

Thanks for your opinion..I too am waiting for android...getting sick of windows too!
Old 10-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

lol thanks for the comments... clearly ur the only one with battery drain
Old 10-26-2008, 09:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: MetroPCS, Verizon

sequan is a n00b

Juicy's because it gives you better battery life......

Hands down....
Old 10-26-2008, 09:53 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

really there is not a custom rom on here that will be the best ..... honestly I thought that the sprint stock rom was ok but it is branded a little to much really most of the customs just add tweaks wm6.1 whether it is 19965 0r 19971 or 19972 all of the stocks are stable and reliable there are no tweaks to get a longer battery face it
Old 10-26-2008, 10:29 PM
Retired Staff

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

it comes down to personal preference. your best bet is to try all the releases out there and see what works best for you. some roms have features that other roms may not have, and those features could be what you think makes the rom "the best"

try them out for yourself, and have a blast man.

don't let others opinions influence your decision. so my recommendation, if juicy's is the best..

try all the OTHER roms first, then leave juicy's for last. therefore when u get to his you'll be able to compare it's differences between the other roms you've tried.

enuff said.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

oneandsix is becoming a great contributor

Personally I like Juicy's better. The main thing I don't like about Mike (not trying to be mean) but I'm OCD and I can't stand having it look like it's hacked with the little mouse logo thing. It just pisses me off and makes it look like a little kids toy IMHO.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:47 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneandsix View Post
Personally I like Juicy's better. The main thing I don't like about Mike (not trying to be mean) but I'm OCD and I can't stand having it look like it's hacked with the little mouse logo thing. It just pisses me off and makes it look like a little kids toy IMHO.

first off... for how little you know. That logo is MY custom rom and i took pics using that.

The public version has the vista logo...

so thanks for not trying to be mean.

Please do not comment about roms that you HAVE not used.

Thank you

Last edited by MightyMike; 10-26-2008 at 10:50 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

mtkates is keeping up the good workmtkates is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
first off... for how little you know. That logo is MY custom rom and i took pics using that.

The public version has the vista logo...

so thanks for not trying to be mean.

Please do not comment about roms that you HAVE not used.

Thank you
Glad to hear that. I had seen your ROM posted but have not tried it because of the screenshots. Now I will go download it to try it out. Maybe you should make a note about the screenshots(if you have not already). I don't remember seeing anywhere that it would not install a mouse on it.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development