PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 03:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

bigk05 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [MAY.04.09] MightyROM 4/R3BORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
What are you asking for? I'd like to help but I'm not sure this makes sense.

thank you for your offer. basically what im looking for is your keyboard input .cab.. for instance when you text someone the options are keyboard/transcibe/etc. i wanted to know if i could get the cab for phone pad so i can use t9. the t9 function is in your roms, like all of them. im testing another rom, this wm 6.5 to see what its all about but the rom doesnt have the standard t9 phone pad function. what i have instead is is a whole keyboard trying to use t9. im getting a headache trying to press each letter and its so time comsuming. lol.. can you help?

thank you

Last edited by bigk05; 05-07-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: _
Carrier: _

OrBy is keeping up the good workOrBy is keeping up the good work

Just wanted to chime in on this ring tone issue to see if it helps any.
First off let me say that I have NEVER had this issue - EVER - on any ROM I have flashed.

I use MP3 and WMA ring tones and a bunch of custom WAV files for alerts.
I use a few different BT headsets and disconnect and reconnect them often.
I change the volume on my phone all the time using the buttons on the side.

What I don't do is the following:
I never store ring tones on internal storage. You have to remember that if you connect your phone to your PC and put it in disk mode that your phone wont be able to see the internal storage anymore and thus not be able to read the ring tones and ... wait for it ... NOT RING. (and cause who knows what other kind of issues)
I never use TF3D so that means I don't use that built in profiles thingy HTC wrote - mabe it's buggy.

Also if your using any sort of automated profile/ringtone swtiching app aside from what's built into WM - hard reset you device and don't install your 3rd part app and see if that helps.

That's all I got for now.

Has anyone figured out how to get the map network folders CP back some how? Reg tweak? Cab? ect?
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigk05 View Post
thank you for your offer. basically what im looking for is your keyboard input .cab.. for instance when you text someone the options are keyboard/transcibe/etc. i wanted to know if i could get the cab for phone pad so i can use t9. the t9 function is in your roms, like all of them. im testing another rom, this wm 6.5 to see what its all about but the rom doesnt have the standard t9 phone pad function. what i have instead is is a whole keyboard trying to use t9. im getting a headache trying to press each letter and its so time comsuming. lol.. can you help?

thank you
Try here. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=426281

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

bigk05 is a n00b

Quote:

you're a life saver
thank you
Old 05-07-2009, 04:08 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigk05 View Post

thank you
depending on what 6.5 rom your testing, will determine whether you can load up one of the HTC keyboards you need. pm me if you want more clarity on this since this is mighty thread.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond -> vzw
Carrier: Verizon

mclaser is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
The only way to do this is for someone to run stock for some length of time.
Or, take someone that RAN stock for a couple weeks, then, when they installed a custom ROM, the problems started. That would prove it's not the hardware. There should be a LOT of ppl that are in this situation. (I believe I'm one of them )
Old 05-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

pirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuffpirish knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to pirish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaser View Post
If the freakn ringtones would work right I wouldn't need the Zen-like flute to calm me down! Too bad I CAN'T hear it half the time 'cause it doesn't go off!
Old 05-07-2009, 05:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

whatthefunk is just getting started

1. the ringer issue happens sometimes...but it's on a regular basis. it is always fixed with a soft reset.

2. I don't use BT anything

3. I often manually go into phone > options menu > services tab - in order to toggle network service between standard and roam only. When hitting OK to x-out the options menu is when i see an alert that the ringtone is currupt.

I'm on MightyRom 4.7 with Sprint. I converted my ringer to a wav yesterday and that seems to have fixed the issue for now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
A few questions- for those that are still experiencing the ringer issue.
  1. Is this issue happening all the time or just sometimes? Is it fixed with a soft-reset? If so, for how long? Try to note what is happening immediately before the symptom occurs, in as much detail as possible.
  2. Do you use BT headsets? If so, how many different headsets are paired to your phone at any one time? (NOT connected, just available for pairing.)
  3. Do you change profiles regularly? Using the built in changer that just changes volume or some 3rd party app that applies changes to multiple settings? (ie. PhoneWeaver, PhoneSuite, phoneAlarm or any other of the multitudes) When you change profiles, is it using automatic settings or manually or both?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaser View Post
Or, take someone that RAN stock for a couple weeks, then, when they installed a custom ROM, the problems started. That would prove it's not the hardware. There should be a LOT of ppl that are in this situation. (I believe I'm one of them )
I'm shouting as loudly as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpop View Post
OK, I am sure this is a dumb, obvious question, but has anyone just called their carrier and reported the ringer issue just to see what they would say? I would suggest just playing dumb....stock ROM, don't know anything about ringtone formats, etc. Just a thought.
Wouldn't it be a kick if the carrier CS said something to the effect, "Oh yeah, we've had reports of that and are looking into it." That would pretty much put this ringer thing to bed, right?

(I'd make the call, but I'm afraid I am too smart to believeably act that dumb...LOL)
Old 05-07-2009, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, Calk's VK

sbello81 is becoming a great contributor

a) i just got the ringer problem. mf'er lol
b) the new boot screen is awesome. i didn't see it when i reflashed...wasn't watching for it lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development