PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 04:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc hero
Carrier: sprint

whatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to whatsleft4her
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

i see i see so do you think converting to a wav file is the fix til we figure something else out? if so the link to download winff is http://winff.org/html/downloads.html

its free and converts easily. now to see if that is def gonna work to fix for now or not.
good looking out though man didnt even think about that bc i knew all my other files were working fine alarms and regular alert tones hahaha...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

whatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwhatsleft4her is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [March 25th, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.8 [20771] [UC] [24MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconz View Post
Sadly, I think to only way would be if Mike can get his hands on one of the Diamond having ring issues and create a specific dedicated rom or patch for these type of phones. Sux we have to have miss calls on such a sexy phone.

get the converter and then cut the tones down smaller if you want bc they convert kinda big but so far so good and im saving to my internal storage root to use them alot easier. works just fine here for me.

edit: unless you use already cut tones from like myxer tones( i think thats why i was getting a cant download error from myxer, bc they are mp3 and not liked by my phone) but they convert just the same but smaller.

Last edited by whatsleft4her; 04-05-2009 at 04:53 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

iconz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsleft4her View Post
get the converter and then cut the tones down smaller if you want bc they convert kinda big but so far so good and im saving to my internal storage root to use them alot easier. works just fine here for me.

edit: unless you use already cut tones from like myxer tones( i think thats why i was getting a cant download error from myxer, bc they are mp3 and not liked by my phone) but they convert just the same but smaller.
Thx will try using this prog for future ringtones. Well atleast untill we figure out whats going on.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

not a problem thats what im gonna do for now on like i said conversion is simple and fast to. wouls still like a patch or fix of some sort would be more convient. anyone know a ppc app for conversions like this? mp3 to wav
Old 04-05-2009, 05:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

COGnosticator is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsleft4her View Post

My phone has mp3 trimmer already on it to cut the length of mp3s and I cut mine to 26 seconds
Old 04-05-2009, 05:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

now just hook your phone up to the comp and convert that file to a wav and set the wav version as your ringer and you are good to go
Old 04-05-2009, 07:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution

djelmonstruo is keeping up the good workdjelmonstruo is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to djelmonstruo Send a message via MSN to djelmonstruo

i had the ringer issue until yesterday.
well let share what i did. 1 i fash to the stock rom. 2 then download ana flash the new rom from htc site. 3 then flash mr4.8 4 and finally install the taskbar cab from mighty.... and no more ringer issue. i also did some reg, install some cab and still no more ringer issue. thanks GOD.
so maybe follow those step will help. (moraleja: the ringer issue its not a rom bug)
Old 04-05-2009, 11:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, Calk's VK

sbello81 is becoming a great contributor

i uninstalled the taskbar that's in the 1st post of this thread (v1.3 i think) and installed v5. no problems at all. for versions 3-5 he has add'l cabs for a volume fix.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:57 AM
randyist

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Man oh man. I decided to try the old stock ROM (the one that just came out a few day ago [maintenance release])

I did this just to see how much the Average (ROMless) Sprint user is suffering. 3 days of suffering.. DO Not Go stock..I can't believe how much it sucks compared to Mighty ROM ..hahah.I mean, that's obvious, because i've always been a mighty fan, but the stock rom REALLLY SUCKS!.

I installed like 3 applications.. "System is critically low" .. or something like that..And I couldn't install the Mobile Matt FuzeBerry 7.5 CFC.. it wouldn't get halfway and just say .. "out of memory"..

I really don't think this phone can operate without a good ROM. I wonder what takes up all the space on this Stock Rom to begin with?... SPrint TV ? .. Store?... Nav GPS ?. .Mikey knows whats up..that's all I gotta say.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur View Post
I did the flash stock...flash 4.8... hard reset. I have not put any ringtones or changed my taskbar. I alway use the stock ring :"Old school ring 2". Just one day it stopped ringing. My wife's diamond has the MightyRom 4.5 and shes is loving it. She hasn't reported missed calls or anything.

Added one game...uno
Added MS Live Search
Added LilRico Yellow Theme

I made this post several pages back...I don't think changing ringtones to a WAV file is going to fix it either. The ringtone I use comes stock on the phone and plus not everyone is having this issue.

Since the MightyRom 4.8 for the diamond was build on the TouchPro base program...it could just come down to what time of the year our diamonds were made.

Possible that diamonds made at the first of the year might not accept the Pro's base program.

Note: I'm not saying that my theory is true...but come on...these phone were made to play MP3's.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development