PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO,TP2,Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

searcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [March 23rd, 2009] "One Rom To Rule Them All..." MIGHTYROM 4.7 [20771]

Ok.. First I want to say "thank you " to Mighty...this ROM is GREAT!!

That said... After updating and clearing my storage...as always...I loaded up the normal programs I use and was using my phone when I received a call. The phone froze but it seemed like it was just the touchflo portion. I could still access things from the start menu, but even removing the battery did not fix it. I reflashed and so far so good. I think it was just a bad flash....will keep you posted if it happens again.

and one last thing...a link on an email still opens Explorer instead of Opera. I know there is a fix somewhere I just have to find it. Just wondering was this by design that it opened Explorer?

Well off to find the fix.... I am trying to come up with the words to say how good this rom is...but I am getting choked up ....sniff...sniff.....I love ya, man!!
Old 03-24-2009, 08:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

edgarwong is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by searcher61 View Post
Ok.. First I want to say "thank you " to Mighty...this ROM is GREAT!!

That said... After updating and clearing my storage...as always...I loaded up the normal programs I use and was using my phone when I received a call. The phone froze but it seemed like it was just the touchflo portion. I could still access things from the start menu, but even removing the battery did not fix it. I reflashed and so far so good. I think it was just a bad flash....will keep you posted if it happens again.

and one last thing...a link on an email still opens Explorer instead of Opera. I know there is a fix somewhere I just have to find it. Just wondering was this by design that it opened Explorer?

Well off to find the fix.... I am trying to come up with the words to say how good this rom is...but I am getting choked up ....sniff...sniff.....I love ya, man!!
for the email explorer problem, search for the default opera cab. that should fix it
Old 03-24-2009, 09:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 3Gs
Carrier: AT&T Premiere

rawdog805 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirish View Post
The phone can either be activated or unactivated. It makes no difference.
Thanks thats what I needed.. Im just about ready to do it... im shaking right now... LOL.. Dont wanna Fark it up..
Old 03-24-2009, 09:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G & TP2 (Sprint)

jhinze is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jhinze Send a message via Yahoo to jhinze

HUGE thanks to Mighty... I think this may be the fastest ROM and least battery drain yet (and I've tried a lot of them).

I do have 2 questions though (not complaints)...

1. when I get a new e-mail and click the allert envelope in the title bar of the today screen, I get a screen I haven't seen before title "Notifications", with a selectable entry called "new Mail". When I select "new mail", it highlights it but does nothing. The only options I have are a "close" and "dismiss all" button. Is this normal behavior?

2. I tried to install one of Rico's today themes (the red one). The phone freaked out a bit, my carrier is sprint, the today screen I beleive said T-Mobile and the clock just kept flipping. Did I perhaps choose the wrong one? I got the cab from the touch pro forum.

Thanks in advance
Old 03-24-2009, 09:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre/Touch Diamond

scrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

just a small thing to report: there was no "My Ringtones" folder. pretty easy fix, but just in case some users even n00bier than me, if you want to use a custom ringtone, just create a folder named "My Ringtones" in the "My Documents" folder on the device, not internal storage, and put the ringtones there.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Bold 9650

ekz13 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrambler7 View Post
just a small thing to report: there was no "My Ringtones" folder. pretty easy fix, but just in case some users even n00bier than me, if you want to use a custom ringtone, just create a folder named "My Ringtones" in the "My Documents" folder on the device, not internal storage, and put the ringtones there.

boy did I over think this one, I went device -> windows -> rings and dumped em there, didn't even think to create the folder..
Old 03-24-2009, 10:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre/Touch Diamond

scrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularscrambler7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekz13 View Post
boy did I over think this one, I went device -> windows -> rings and dumped em there, didn't even think to create the folder..
haha, yeah, it's a lot easier. what i do is keep a separate folder in internal storage with all of my custom ringtones. you can then select and hold the rintone you want and a pop up screen will show up where the bottom option is 'Set As Ringtone.' after you press that, it will copy the ringtone to the "My Ringtones' folder and automatically be your new ringtone.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 3Gs
Carrier: AT&T Premiere

rawdog805 is becoming a great contributor

OK im stuck now... I already unlocked the phone BTW... The instructions in the sticky say to "Download the Diamond RUU" then "Download your choice of ROM (see the list below)." and then "Drag the RUU_Signed.nbh file into the RUU folder."????? But it looks like the MR_4.7_DIAM.rar already has most of the files that are in the Diamond RUU.rar...

The only differences are that the MR_4.7_DIAM.rar has Custom_RUU.exe, PagePoolchanger.exe, and the .nbh file..

So what do I do??

Last edited by rawdog805; 03-24-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond, NRG 23128 Sense 2.5 Aug 11
Carrier: Sprint, 1.12.34F Radio

Nhawk is becoming a great contributor

For those (like myself) who miss the battery monitor, you can get it here

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:39 AM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

any reason why the manila isn't CFC enabled?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development