PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 07:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2 & Evo =)
Carrier: Sprint!

boodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boodaka
Re: |.March 1st, 2009.| |.MightyROM 4 . 6.| |.20765 - UC - 24MB PP.|

You know the only issue i had with this release (besides the fact i can't get the call history tab) was the battery draining fast, it works perfect now, i get good time on a charge.......

Just hit the THANKS for me being........well, me...

Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen v1.6 R3 Mirror
Old 03-18-2009, 08:12 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

im still running out of patience!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 08:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

brc64 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodaka View Post
You know the only issue i had with this release (besides the fact i can't get the call history tab) was the battery draining fast, it works perfect now, i get good time on a charge.......
Go into the Comm Manager and flip "Beam" to off. That dramatically improved my battery life when I was on Mighty 4.6.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by infection0 View Post
Oh oh pixelpop, is that anxiousness I hear? I think I'm going on Spring Break pretty soon and I would like to tell Mighty to take all the time he needs to release the perfect ROM.
Nope...like I said, for me at least, 4.6 is rock solid and I am actually in no hurry for the next release. I was just expressing my empathy for those that need a flash fix or are heavy power users that really need a couple of things fixed. So go ahead and have fun on Spring Break, but with your luck, 4.7 will drop the day after you head out.

Last edited by pixelpop; 03-18-2009 at 09:22 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotphood View Post
Thanks for the update mike.

pixelpop, do you get any freezing? I'm really curious why some people experience it and some people don't. Because initially I only experienced it a few times when I was testing the rom out. When I decided to use it full time and installed all my apps, I started seeing it more and more. Now I'm pretty much seeing it consistently throughout the day if I type or play certain games.
Nah, I am an old fart that more or less uses the phone as a phone (go figure...LOL). I do very little texting and when I do, I use the stylus and keyboard (hey, I said I was old!) so I don't ever see any freezing. And I never play any games on my phone...those are pretty much all on my iPod Touch with my music and movies.

Last edited by pixelpop; 03-18-2009 at 09:23 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO,TP2,Diamond

searcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpop View Post
Nah, I am an old fart that more or less uses the phone as a phone (go figure...LOL). I do very little texting and when I do, I use the stylus and keyboard (hey, I said I was old!) so I don't ever see any freezing. And I never play any games on my phone...those are pretty much all on my iPod Touch with my music and movies.
I am probably older than you but
I still text to wife and kids. Just
got my first pair of bifocals, though
I dont like to tell people. Not
THAT old yet. LOL

Btw, I think many people, including
myself were just concerned because
we had not seen mike on this forum
for awhile. I think we just got used
having him here so much in the past,
he used to be here a lot.

Last edited by searcher61; 03-18-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by searcher61 View Post
I am probably older than you but I still text to wife and kids. Just got my first pair of bifocals, though I dont like to tell people. Not THAT old yet. LOL

Btw, I think many people, including myself were just concerned because we had not seen mike on this forum for awhile. I think we just got used having him here so much in the past, he used to be here a lot.
LOL....I know the feeling. I do text some (friends mostly) but I know that there are some here that can text faster than I can talk.

And a couple of days ago I posted that Mike's posting ratio between the TP forum and here was about 50-1, so that's why I said that no one here should be holding their breath for the next release. I believe Mike when he says we will get one, but I don't think it's imminent and I don't think it does much good to keep asking when the next release will drop.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

lordmyst is a n00b

If frequent updates are your thing I'd suggest looking at roms made by someone who actually uses the device and therefore has a vested interest in maintaining the rom. That's what I'm starting to do. As of this moment I see three roms that have been updated in the past three days:

[3-17-09] grooveROM 4 WM 6.1 & 6.5 versions [Rhodium Manila, HD Manila & Manila free]
[03-17-2009] Juicy ROM 4.6 by JMZ (CE OS 5.2.21028 Build 2102
[March-15-09] Mystery's v1.4 [All Carriers] (CE OS 5.2.21028 Build 2102

Anyone try any of these out? How do they compare (stability/features/bugs) to MightyROM 4.6?
Old 03-18-2009, 01:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmyst View Post
If frequent updates are your thing I'd suggest looking at roms made by someone who actually uses the device and therefore has a vested interest in maintaining the rom. That's what I'm starting to do. As of this moment I see three roms that have been updated in the past three days:

[3-17-09] grooveROM 4 WM 6.1 & 6.5 versions [Rhodium Manila, HD Manila & Manila free]

Anyone try any of these out? How do they compare (stability/features/bugs) to MightyROM 4.6?
Don't forget Calcu's roms. They are currently my favorite. I have a lot less problems with his then I did with this MightyROM release. His kitchen is also easy to use even for someone like me who doesn't really know what they are doing . I've also used Groove's roms and they are great as well. He has some that are more 'cutting edge' and others that are more 'stable'.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:44 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmyst View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
Don't forget Calcu's roms. They are currently my favorite. I have a lot less problems with his then I did with this MightyROM release. His kitchen is also easy to use even for someone like me who doesn't really know what they are doing . I've also used Groove's roms and they are great as well. He has some that are more 'cutting edge' and others that are more 'stable'.
Don't take this wrong way guys, but this is Mighty's thread. If you want to discuss alternatives, create another thread. I think everyone here is smart enough to realize there are other fish in the sea, but it's really not appropriate to post this in Mighty's rom thread. How would you feel if you created a rom series that you are proud of, has a tremendous following, and people were recommended other roms in your thread?
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development