PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |.March 1st, 2009.| |.MightyROM 4 . 6.| |.20765 - UC - 24MB PP.|

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Also, when I get a text message, I have my ringer set to vibrate. Sometimes it doesn't stop vibrating.
I had this happen yesterday. I got a text and the vibrate never stopped. Had to pull the battery.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 03-08-2009, 05:36 PM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Not sure if this is related to my provider, this ROM or even just WM, but as yesterday was DST, WM said it adjusted the time to reflect DST, but the clock was still wrong. I had to manually change it. On my non PPC cellphone it took a power down before the new time came in.

This is my first time change on a ppc phone so I'm not sure how its supposed to work.

Comments?
Old 03-08-2009, 05:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

ST1N6R4y is just getting started

If anyone wants to have the pictures taken from the phones camera saved in My Documents\My Pictures in the internal memory this is what you do.

Use the PHM RegEdit installed under programs. Go to this key \HKML\Software\HTC\Camera\General
and change 'enable DCIM' to 0 (originally 1)
soft reset and your pictures should be saved under the My Pictures folder from now on.

I also changed some other key but I dont think it had any effect so im not including it.

Hope this isn't old news....

Also does any have a fix for viewing the pictures, everytime i want to swipe to change to a new picture it just pans instead, even though im not zoomed in....

Last edited by ST1N6R4y; 03-08-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05
Carrier: Sprint

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by infection0 View Post
Ah crap experienced text-freezing today. It seems to be less frequent than older ROMS so it's acceptable... I used the Disable xT9 cab too. I guess it doesn't make a difference.
Yeah, i used the cab and it didn't make a difference. Yesterday night I had a real long freeze, over 10 seconds. It's getting a bit annoying, especially since I've never experienced this issue before coming to this rom
Old 03-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2k View Post
Not sure if this is related to my provider, this ROM or even just WM, but as yesterday was DST, WM said it adjusted the time to reflect DST, but the clock was still wrong. I had to manually change it. On my non PPC cellphone it took a power down before the new time came in.

This is my first time change on a ppc phone so I'm not sure how its supposed to work.

Comments?
Same thinmg happened to me (Sprint). I don't think it was a carrier issue. I got a pop-up saying that the time change had been recognized, but the clock still had the old time. I should have thought to try a soft reset to see if that fixed the problem first, but like you I manually set the clock and then did a soft reset. I'll be sure and pay closer attention six months from now.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

NewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpop View Post
Same thinmg happened to me (Sprint). I don't think it was a carrier issue. I got a pop-up saying that the time change had been recognized, but the clock still had the old time. I should have thought to try a soft reset to see if that fixed the problem first, but like you I manually set the clock and then did a soft reset. I'll be sure and pay closer attention six months from now.
I also noticed by 5pm the time had not updated (though i had a message earlier telling me my clock had been updated) and I did a soft reset, which fixed it.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

cprokopiak is a n00b

Sorry if this was answered earlier in the thread, but I couldn't find an answer using the search tool. I just flashed to 4.6 from my sprint stock rom. Everything's good except that the menu softkey on the text messaging tab does not do anything. Is there a fix for this issue?
Old 03-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Hey guys, I'm a long time MightyROM user and supporter. Since v2.5 though (seems like years ago!), I've kept up with this thread and read every post but I've been unable to flash newer versions on my main Diamond. I have however, flashed several newer versions on a spare Diamond I have laying around bu there's only so much testing you can do it without the phone being activated. I know it's sacrilegious to be so far behind, but I have a question nonetheless:

On my 2.5 ROM phone, i have over 10,000 text messages. Now these are all stored to the phone as far as I remember. In newer versions though, there's the option to save texts messages to the Internal Memory. So my question is that when I flash 4.6 now and restore my text messages how can I define where they will be restored to? I'd like to move them to Internal Storage and no longer have them on main memory. btw I'm using PowerSMS to backup and restore text messages.

PS - Anyone know exactly where they're saved on the main mem? I'd like to try and figure out how much room they're using just out of curiosity.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:06 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
PS - Anyone know exactly where they're saved on the main mem? I'd like to try and figure out how much room they're using just out of curiosity.
I'm pretty sure that SMS data is all in the PIM.vol file.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
I'm pretty sure that SMS data is all in the PIM.vol file.
Sweet, thanks. Mine was only about 2MB, not bad at all.

Any ideas on how to switch the text message storage from main mem to internal storage after doing a backup?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development