PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

neelesh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |.March 1st, 2009.| |.MightyROM 4 . 6.| |.20765 - UC - 24MB PP.|

Ok so I have a very nooby question and I realize I should have asked this a long time ago: How do I check if I have .net framework 3.5? I bought my phone from ebay and activated it, and installed mighty rom w/o checking my framework, and everything works, but I was just curious. If i did NOT have 3.5 would I even be able to install half the stuff I have installed? (especially like the ROMs)? So because installing custom roms worked for me, does it mean I have the 3.5?

I can't find it in the add/remove...
Old 03-04-2009, 12:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

nkawal is becoming a great contributor

it's cooked into the rom
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

neelesh is becoming a great contributor

ah ok thought so, just wanted to make sure. thank you!
Old 03-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO,TP2,Diamond

searcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottirudy View Post
I spent a few minutes playing with this software and I think it is pretty dame cool.. Once you set it up and save info you can X out of the program and then if you txt the phone with a txt saying getgpspos ( i think you can change this to whatever not sure yet those did not test that part) it will then wake the tracking software up meaning that the softeware is not running all the time killing battery. The software is in like a sleep mode until you txt the phone.. Which is all done in a stealth mode so it is not detected on the phone. Once the phone receives the txt the software then awakes and locks on gps setting then replies to teh txt with the exact location.. Like i said it is all in a steath mode so if someone stole your phone they would never know... Or for those of you that always want to know where your children are.. Great peice of software I think and thanks mighty for adding to you rom...Looking forward to 5XX series..
Yeah you can change the code from getgpspos to something else. However, I noticed it shows up in the programs list and on the startmenu recently used programs. Also if someone looks in your programs directory they will know it's there.

I sent a message to developer, suggesting at a min. he allows the program to be installed in a user defined directory (will hide it until something better comes along). And have an option that will NOT add it to the programs list or recently used programs.

I have a friend that is paying $10 a month for the child loc. function from sprint. If he could put it on his daughters phone (she is 9) he could save the money...but as of now she would see it in the programs list as would any phone thief (if they knew what to look for).

Overall I like the IDEA though I find the accuracy of the GPS not really close enough to acually find your phone...at least it lets you know approx. where it is. But it will tell you if the phone is moving and if you left it somewhere at least you know where you have been once you see the general area.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by searcher61 View Post
...but as of now she would see it in the programs list as would any phone thief (if they knew what to look for).
I think that is the key...."what to look for." First, how many child-nappers and theives are going to even think to look for this app? And if they did, might seeing that it was installed be akin to having an ADP sign in your front yard? And finally, I'm sure there is a reg entry or other method to just change the name of the app as it appears in the programs and rcently used lists to camouflage it to something common like Solitairte. Thoughts?

Last edited by pixelpop; 03-04-2009 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecism View Post
My comment on this is that while I understand the data management issues, there is also a lot of good information.

I would have like to see a thread with sub-threads for each MightyROM version. At least then, the duplicate/repeated posts would be minimized.
I agree. Sub-threads would be very helpful. Searching info here can be tough sometimes and leads to "i know this has been asked before, but...." type of posts.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
Old 03-04-2009, 03:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO,TP2,Diamond

searcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelpop View Post
I think that is the key...."what to look for." First, how many child-nappers and theives are going to even think to look for this app? And if they did, might seeing that it was installed be akin to having an ADP sign in your front yard? And finally, I'm sure there is a reg entry or other method to just change the name of the app as it appears in the programs and rcently used lists to camouflage it to something common like Solitairte. Thoughts?

For some reason I keep thinking your name is "pixelpoop" (sorry). I have to keep reminding myself that it's "pixelpop", not sure why...lol. Camouflaging it or having it not show up is what I am talking about... I realize many people (maybe most) would not know what it was but as more people use programs like this there needs to be a way to make sure someone does not just "uninstall it". Also if someone stole your phone and lived in a subdivision you might get the general area where they were..but not the exact house. But I do like the concept...
Old 03-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by searcher61 View Post
For some reason I keep thinking your name is "pixelpoop" (sorry). I have to keep reminding myself that it's "pixelpop", not sure why...lol. Camouflaging it or having it not show up is what I am talking about... I realize many people (maybe most) would not know what it was but as more people use programs like this there needs to be a way to make sure someone does not just "uninstall it". Also if someone stole your phone and lived in a subdivision you might get the general area where they were..but not the exact house. But I do like the concept...
Pixelpop, pixelpoop....call me anything but late for dinner.

Changing the name to the name of some other real app that you do not actually have installed (just go to pocketgear.com and choose one from a thousand) would work. A thief or childnapper would have to uninstall every app on the phone to make sure he got the right one, assuming he even suspected a tracker was installed. As to the accuracy, Google Maps always accurately puts my location within the stated 10 meters (30 feet) which is close enough to pinpoint a house in a subdivision or to call the phone and hear it ring if I just misplaced it.

Last edited by pixelpop; 03-04-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Re: |.March 1st, 2009.| |.MightyROM 4 . 6.| |.20765 - UC - 24MB PP.| [Final Release]

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRico View Post
Same thing here! V. 1.50d was a huge and much needed upgrade!
I searched over in the xda threads and can only find S2U2 version 1.05. Can you post the cab, link or thread to 1.50d please?

Also, I haven't seen any discussion of S2U2 here (probably a good thing), but it sure looks like fun stuff! For instance: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=355935
Old 03-04-2009, 03:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Coordinates will be close enough to pinpoint most houses. You might have trouble in more dense places like apartments or smaller homes but the general area is better than nothing. More of an issue with GPS accuracy no? There are also a lot of other freeware apps like this that have more remote options like grabbing call logs, texts, making remote phone calls, etc... Don't let your girlfriend or wife know this app is on your phone though
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development