PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 12:37 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: |.March 1st, 2009.| |.MightyROM 4 . 6.| |.20765 - UC - 24MB PP.|

Quote:
Originally Posted by avhokie View Post
Mike,

Is there any chance that with your ROM (I was using 4.5 recently), data is still being exchanged even though Data Connection is turned OFF under Communications Settings?

I just got back from Mexico and Sprint is trying to charge me $100 for roaming data. I made sure that data was turned off as soon as I stepped off the plane. I rebooted a couple of times while there and confirmed data was off after each reboot. Trying to figure out if I should fight this or not...
$100 for data roaming is a lot, even for Sprint.
I just had the same situation, except I got my bill and it worked for me. I was in Canada- I called to find out what the cost for International voice/data roaming was and to see if they had a plan for it. They did, but it wasn't worth it for the short time I would be there. I ended up with $20 in voice charges and $0 in data. I created a profile where Data and Beam were both turned off. I made sure to turn off the Weather update on roaming option. I even turned off all my sms services/notifications.

If you are sure, argue with them. Even if you're wrong, you can show good faith and they'll probably know at least part of it off of the bill.

Good luck.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

avhokie is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
$100 for data roaming is a lot, even for Sprint.
I just had the same situation, except I got my bill and it worked for me. I was in Canada- I called to find out what the cost for International voice/data roaming was and to see if they had a plan for it. They did, but it wasn't worth it for the short time I would be there. I ended up with $20 in voice charges and $0 in data. I created a profile where Data and Beam were both turned off. I made sure to turn off the Weather update on roaming option. I even turned off all my sms services/notifications.

If you are sure, argue with them. Even if you're wrong, you can show good faith and they'll probably know at least part of it off of the bill.

Good luck.
Thanks. Sprint says I used 52MB in my 7 days in Mexico.

Here is stuff that I normally use in the US that will use up data:
1) Exchange email account - None of my exchange emails came through while in Mexico
2) Yahoo email account - I only had a few emails in my Yahoo account during that period, and of those, 1 showed up on my phone the day before I left Mexico (none of the others made it to the phone).
3) Weather
4) Web Surfing - obviously did not do that in Mexico.

Even if Yahoo and Weather were exchanging data, 52MB is ridiculous.

I also received a bunch of warnings about roaming data while there and I canceled each request (instead of accepting). I did not know what they were for, but I knew that I didn't want to use any data while abroad.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

Drumrintheline is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Drumrintheline Send a message via MSN to Drumrintheline

I'm still having SIP lag and the new album is not very user friendly
Old 03-03-2009, 01:07 PM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avhokie View Post
Thanks. Sprint says I used 52MB in my 7 days in Mexico.
$100 bux for 52Mb aint that bad, my own carrier would have charged me $416 dollars if I didnt have a plan.

Anyways, see if you can get a detailed breakdown of the usage, per day. That may help figure out whats going on.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamon

Crimsonoa is a n00b

If not mistaken, active sync/exchange forces data on if you have it setup for scheduling or push. This rom seems to have active sync hidden from the memory tool bar.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
I have an issue with 4.6
Its really only when typing a new text message. The phone will say "Loading New Message" and load it, then 2 seconds later, say the same thing and REload it. It does this over and over and over, until you try to send a text. In which case it is 50/50 that it freezes or sends it.
Typing is also VERY slow. It takes quite a while before anything you type shows up, and having autocomplete on, it seems to think for too long when selecting the word you wanted.

Perhaps its just me, I am going to try reflashing.

*Edit*
yeah its freezing for me when I type texts too now, lol.
Sounds like you didnt clear storage or hard reset after you flashed.
Old 03-03-2009, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

timtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good worktimtlm is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSoxxx View Post
anyone notice that when using RSSHub, if you click a link, it will open up Opera but it will stay at your homepage and won't redirect to the site from the link?

Strange behavior and never noticed it in earlier releases...
I have experienced something similar. I used calkulin's latest kitchen, and I think it has the same opera build. I have Kinoma, and it needs to open up the web browser for it to allow you to view flickr photos in kinoma. When it opens up opera, it doesn't navigate to the page. Just stays at the home page. I ended up having to change my default browser to PIE to get flickr to work with kinoma using the cab located in this second post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=419066
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

lordmyst is a n00b

Anyone else notice that the clock does not update in certain situations? For example, when the screen is dimmed and the phone is charging, the clock never changes. A little annoying because sometimes I like to use the phone as a clock. Also, when tapping the power button to turn on the screen after it has been off for a while, the clock still shows the time from the last time the screen was on. To get the clock to refresh, I have to tap the phone.

After flashing 4.6 I started noticing this issue.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

+1 on the RSS not loading the correct link, just opens up home page.

Freezing for me is happens most often while playing Uno, does still happen while texting but not quite as often.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

scarsofthumper is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to scarsofthumper Send a message via Yahoo to scarsofthumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmyst View Post
Anyone else notice that the clock does not update in certain situations? For example, when the screen is dimmed and the phone is charging, the clock never changes. A little annoying because sometimes I like to use the phone as a clock. Also, when tapping the power button to turn on the screen after it has been off for a while, the clock still shows the time from the last time the screen was on. To get the clock to refresh, I have to tap the phone.

After flashing 4.6 I started noticing this issue.
Mine hasn't been doing that. What clock are you using?

"Obviously, no one wants to fail. But who's to say that failure's not a good thing masked in the wisdom that you can't see at that point? I just try to look at the positive." - Khalil Greene

aim - mary kate on lsd

Sprint Touch Diamond - Telus V1.04.05V Radio D - MightyROM 4.6

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development