PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2009, 03:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: telus

htcp4000telus is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: | February 19th, 2009 | . | M i g h t y R O M 4.5 | . | 20764-UC | . | 24MB PP |

I've got a quick question to throw out there while we anticipate the release of 4.6!
I am a loyal follower of Mighty's ROMs and I want to make sure I am technically getting all the benefits of each release. Before flashing I am performing a hard reset and then flashing immediately to Mighty's latest.
Does this fully ensure there are not remnance of the previous ROM? Are others flashing to stock first and then to the latest and greatest. Is this necessary?
...figured it's worth some discussion while we wait

Last edited by htcp4000telus; 02-28-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: | February 19th, 2009 | . | M i g h t y R O M 4.5 | . | 20764-UC | . | 24MB PP |

Quote:
Originally Posted by htcp4000telus View Post
I've got a quick question to throw out there while we anticipate the release of 4.6!
I am a loyal follower of Mighty's ROMs and I want to make sure I am technically getting all the benefits of each release. Before flashing I am performing a hard reset and then flashing immediately to Mighty's latest.
Does this fully ensure there are not remnance of the previous ROM? Are others flashing to stock first and then to the latest and greatest. Is this necessary?
There is not exact answer to this question. If you are not having issues flashing custom to custom, then continue to do so. but you dont need to hard reset before flashing. You flash the custom rom of your choice, then hard reset one more time, but after the fact. Now if you are experiencing minor issues that others are not reporting(for example the mail tab isn't working or something else weird), then you may want to flash the oem shipped rom, then flash custom rom, then hard reset. this tends to fix most minor glitches that arise. Its not required to do so but recommended if you have issues post flash. good luck.

Last edited by Riley; 02-28-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:42 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Well you are gonna get a number of responses on this. Me personally, I just flash directly to the new rom and hard reset 2, even 3 times before I start installing all of my progs. Seems to work well.

EDIT: Well Said RileyD.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 02-28-2009, 03:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: telus

htcp4000telus is a n00b

...Hard reseting after flashing before loading on my goodies. hmmmm I actually never done that. Thanks for the pointers.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:47 PM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Like previously stated, everyone does it differently...

I dont bother hard resetting before flashing, I dont hard reset after flashing.
I just load the new one right on top of the other rom.

I've never had an issue, but it seems others have.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Konfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on repKonfuzion is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I always hard reset after a flash.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
It's all about having fun!

I find it quite flattering that people are dying to flash 4.6

It will be something special when it comes out. Highlight release!!!!

...there ain't no other!
Hmmmm.....maybe 5.0 in that case?
Old 02-28-2009, 05:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - Stock

pixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuffpixelpop knows their stuff

Quote:
...Hard reseting after flashing before loading on my goodies. hmmmm I actually never done that. Thanks for the pointers.
Remember folks, the members here work for tips and Thanks only. Since most don't have PayPal accounts to receive the tips, the Thanks are most appreciated. So hit that button early and often. <hint, hint>
Old 02-28-2009, 05:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - MightyROM 4.x - Radio Sprint V1.11.00.F

infection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by watzone69 View Post
LOL! Yesterday I started sampling some of the newer ROMS and came to the same conclusion.

I'm parked on the leaked stock sprint until Mike drops 4.6.
same here, jesus. I went around to every ROM and then finally decided to wait it out. :/
Old 02-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - MightyROM 4.x - Radio Sprint V1.11.00.F

infection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
It will be something special when it comes out. Highlight release!!!!

So, you would say, 4.6 is the 3.9 of the 4.x series?
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development