PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   [ROM] [FINAL] [06.26.09] MightyROM4 w. OEM BASE Included (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38999)

MightyMike 01-10-2009 09:55 PM

Re: [January-08-2009] M I G H T Y R O M - 4 . 1 - FINAL - [UC] [12MB PP]

if you guys read a few pages back (alittle more detailed)

Basically i had the same issues. heres how you test.

Flash, after that's done, send a text message, goto your messaging window, and goto your sent messages... if the menu doesn't load (sort of freezes) then it's messed.

I've hard reset using the manual way (back door off bla bla bla) doesn't fix it.

If i use clear storage method, it works fine.

You will know if your problem is fixed when you send a message, and it loads your sent messages window properly!

denttarek 01-10-2009 09:57 PM

man thanks for the details ,this thread is getting awefully big ,why can't we start another thread that would be easier to manage and keep track off,we r over 3000 for god sake ...thanks u rock BTW

treedog5 01-10-2009 10:08 PM

quick question, this may not have to do with the rom. every time i go to a web page, youtube or any other video playback related site my memory usage gets maxed out and i get an error saying no more memory, close tabs. but i only have 1 tab open. now this is even when no video is playing, just being on the site. so once i click on the video i get the error about memory. any suggestions to free up all my memory??

Curb71 01-10-2009 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denttarek (Post 631910)
man thanks for the details ,this thread is getting awefully big ,why can't we start another thread that would be easier to manage and keep track off,we r over 3000 for god sake ...thanks u rock BTW

Use the search thread feature. the thread is full of usefull info if you search it. Im sure he will create a new thread for one of his future roms.

Curb71 01-10-2009 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denttarek (Post 631899)
he is trying to say hard reset using the clear storage method i guess,,are you having the same problem?

Im currently using Juicys last rom but have been reading the last few dozen pages to make sure everyone is happy with this version and my next flash (some time real soon) will be Mikes. I like many others are now going from the Juicy world to the Mighty world.

Curb71 01-10-2009 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treedog5 (Post 631924)
quick question, this may not have to do with the rom. every time i go to a web page, youtube or any other video playback related site my memory usage gets maxed out and i get an error saying no more memory, close tabs. but i only have 1 tab open. now this is even when no video is playing, just being on the site. so once i click on the video i get the error about memory. any suggestions to free up all my memory??

Have you tried soft resetting? If that didnt work I would do a backup and hard reset.

Trident 01-10-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightymike (Post 631906)
if you guys read a few pages back (alittle more detailed)

Basically i had the same issues. heres how you test.

Flash, after that's done, send a text message, goto your messaging window, and goto your sent messages... if the menu doesn't load (sort of freezes) then it's messed.

I've hard reset using the manual way (back door off bla bla bla) doesn't fix it.

If i use clear storage method, it works fine.

You will know if your problem is fixed when you send a message, and it loads your sent messages window properly!

Thanks. I was just about to try Calcu's ROM or the Juicy4.4. This has been happening to me for a few days. I wondered why there was nothing in the Sent folder, but all the messages were in the Outbox. Lots of them.
Hard resetting right now.
Hopefully this works.

mikecism 01-10-2009 11:51 PM

Hi guys...thanks for the hint about large menu option under TouchFlo.

Loving the MightyROM 4.1 (and whoever said the startup logo was childish, grow up! ;-) )

Here another issue that drive me batty. I did a search but could not find this.

Is there a way In Opera Mobile to TURN OFF the landscape mode; i.e. always show in Portrait mode? Only this app; I like being able to go into landscape in Photos, etc.

The reason for this is that my holster is horizontal, and invariably, it's in landscape mode when I pull it out. Moreover, I find the accelorameter (sp) keeps putting into landscape mode when I don't want it to.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

mr.jcarter 01-11-2009 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikecism (Post 632065)
Is there a way In Opera Mobile to TURN OFF the landscape mode; i.e. always show in Portrait mode? Only this app; I like being able to go into landscape in Photos, etc.

The reason for this is that my holster is horizontal, and invariably, it's in landscape mode when I pull it out. Moreover, I find the accelorameter (sp) keeps putting into landscape mode when I don't want it to.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Yup, go into your registry and edit this:

HKLM>Software>Opera>GSensor>IdleTime

Set it to a very large number... like 4000000

P.S. it will tell you if the number is too large, I forgot what the max is.

kidFromBigD 01-11-2009 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikecism (Post 632065)
Hi guys...<snip>

Here another issue that drive me batty. I did a search but could not find this.

Yes, here are the details provided by indagroove:
HKLM>Software>Opera>GSensor>IdleTime

Change from 200 to 2000000.

It doesn't really disable the auto rotation, it just extends the polling periods of the gSensor to once every half hour or so. It should also save a little battery life (at least that's my theory).