PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   We need more ROMs... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38718)

DHarvey 09-26-2008 08:40 PM

We need more ROMs...

I think that the selection is relatively slim here when it comes to custom ROMs. It's very hard to enjoy one when you're options are so slim.

Suggestions:

Add screenshots
Add a detailed app list.
Support the ROM fully.
DO NOT OPEN A NEW THREAD FOR EACH NEW RELEASE, instead use a change log

I will be building a new ROM. One for the Sprint Diamond ONLY. I will not be releasing it tonight but for anyone who has used my ROMs before, it will not be a disappointment. It will not be up tonight. I have to start building and get it ready. I don't release half-***ed work as some of you may know.

I hope others will follow suite.

Yay 4 Juggs 09-26-2008 08:48 PM

Re: We need more ROMs...

dan can you make one that actually works for sprint with cdma components not some frankenstein build using a combo of gsm and cdma components? if so you will be a god among men!!!

carlito69 09-26-2008 08:50 PM

can you builed one for bell

DHarvey 09-26-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs (Post 435186)
dan can you make one that actually works for sprint with cdma components not some frankenstein build using a combo of gsm and cdma components? if so you will be a god among men!!!

Well I was going to use all CDMA components. I'm going to use Tobeychris's kitchen for now until something better comes along.

I will make the ROM how I would like it to be.

Side Note: Yay 4 Juggs, since the Telus Diamond was released with TomTom7, is is against policy to add TomTom to Diamond ROMS? If so let me know now because I plan to add it as I personally use it religiously. (Send me an IM so we can discuss it. No need for another debate/fight like last time)

DHarvey 09-26-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlito69 (Post 435191)
can you builed one for bell

Does bell have a Diamond yet?

Juicy47 09-26-2008 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHarvey (Post 435179)
I think that the selection is relatively slim here when it comes to custom ROMs. It's very hard to enjoy one when you're options are so slim.

I'm sure ROM activity isn't a problem Ghetto/Tobey's kitchen is great.... most people like to cook it themselves I think.

No harm in having more choice though, and I wish you luck!

Juicy47 09-26-2008 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHarvey (Post 435195)
Well I was going to use all CDMA components. I'm going to use Tobeychris's kitchen for now until something better comes along.

I will make the ROM how I would like it to be.

Side Note: Yay 4 Juggs, since the Telus Diamond was released with TomTom7, is is against policy to add TomTom to Diamond ROMS? If so let me know now because I plan to add it as I personally use it religiously.

The software is freeware... the maps cost $$$. Should be ok.

DHarvey 09-26-2008 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juicy47 (Post 435198)
The software is freeware... the maps cost $$$. Should be ok.

This is true but you should have been around when the debate went down. It got nasty quick.

The debate was whether or not it should be allowed as I added it to a Vogue ROM I had made.

Juicy47 09-26-2008 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs (Post 435186)

Jeez I screw up one build lol ](*,) Seriously though, it is difficult to test for another carrier as is probably the reason DHarvey is cooking for Sprint only.

Juicy 2.2 will work on sprint as well (properly)

Yay 4 Juggs 09-26-2008 08:56 PM

in a telus rom only unfortunately...I eagerly anticipate your build I can't even use my camera with other builds