PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Re: Juicy ROM v1.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
Personally I use GoogleMaps 2.2, and will be including it in my next release.

I never use VoiceCommand and it consumes system resources because it initiates on start-up.
Unless we are talking about a bloody iPhart or something, just remove the Voicecommand exe from the startup folder and viola... it doesn't start and consume resources. Simple solution to a very minor problem.

The reason we use Windows Mobile over the Jobbie phone is due to the simplicity of modifying the device to suit our needs. Any Scotsmen on the forum willing to chime in on this post ?
Old 08-30-2008, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Tuch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

psyko_chewbacca is a n00b
Re: Juicy ROM v1.01

Great rom there but I'm trying to make Diamond profile switcher and it gives me a critical error when I try to launch it.

Also LobsterTunes does have some problems too, When it's not quiting by itself suddently it can't stream music file from my computer, From wifi or data connection. I can browse through my files perfectly on the other hand!

Does anyone have the same problem as me?

EDIT: Just tested the GPS with googlemaps and it's not working, do I need to configure something?

Last edited by psyko_chewbacca; 08-30-2008 at 10:29 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Juicy ROM v1.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmhusa View Post
Unless we are talking about a bloody iPhart or something, just remove the Voicecommand exe from the startup folder and viola... it doesn't start and consume resources. Simple solution to a very minor problem.

The reason we use Windows Mobile over the Jobbie phone is due to the simplicity of modifying the device to suit our needs. Any Scotsmen on the forum willing to chime in on this post ?
I've been basing most of the changes in my ROM around how I use the device, and I simply do not use MSVC. If you would like me to add the functionality back, I will do so and simply remove the startup initialization.

Thx for your feedback!
Old 08-31-2008, 02:54 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyko_chewbacca View Post
Great rom there but I'm trying to make Diamond profile switcher and it gives me a critical error when I try to launch it.

Also LobsterTunes does have some problems too, When it's not quiting by itself suddently it can't stream music file from my computer, From wifi or data connection. I can browse through my files perfectly on the other hand!

Does anyone have the same problem as me?

EDIT: Just tested the GPS with googlemaps and it's not working, do I need to configure something?
I'm not familiar with those apps, but maybe they were reliant on the catalog files I removed. PM me and let's sort this out.

Google Maps works for me. can someone else chime in here?

EDIT: I've made some tweaks to vastly improve GPS lock times. You'll find the goodies in 1.02 as soon as it is done.

Last edited by Juicy47; 08-31-2008 at 04:54 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:34 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Telus HTC Diamond

sedwo is just getting started

Out of curiosity, can any hardware hackers confirm if our Telus HTC Diamond phones are physically missing the FM radio hardware, or is it just turned off somehow?

I'm hoping it can somehow be renabled. :/
Old 08-31-2008, 11:44 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedwo View Post
Out of curiosity, can any hardware hackers confirm if our Telus HTC Diamond phones are physically missing the FM radio hardware, or is it just turned off somehow?

I'm hoping it can somehow be renabled. :/
Various people have stated that the FM radio on the GSM Diamond was in fact in the headphones themselves. Currently there is no evidence on the same capability in the CDMA headphones.

Please try and keep on topic.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond CDMA

simondadiamond is a n00b

Hey
I just got a Diamond from Telus ... looking for customization....

Is this juicy rom and great explanation for CDMA variants of the Diamond ?

Thanks
Old 09-02-2008, 12:27 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by simondadiamond View Post
Hey
I just got a Diamond from Telus ... looking for customization....

Is this juicy rom and great explanation for CDMA variants of the Diamond ?

Thanks
The ROM is intended for use on the Telus Network, and CDMA Diamonds only.

TobeyChris has spent a good deal of time organizing some info here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062

Once you are unlocked, feel free to load my ROM. I've structured the improvements along how I use my device, and some of the shortcomings I've experienced with the stock Telus ROM. Happy flashing!
Old 09-02-2008, 01:08 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Will it work on the Sprint CDMA variant?
If not, will you be offering a Sprint variant or will there be a kitchen add-on for the Diamond?

Old 09-02-2008, 01:22 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Will it work on the Sprint CDMA variant?
If not, will you be offering a Sprint variant or will there be a kitchen add-on for the Diamond?
Yes I will offer a non-carrier specific rom once the Sprint ROM is dumped, so I can grab you the proper carrier settings.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development