PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Happy Holidays - O.a.T.'s Diamond Kitchen Available (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=138801)

O.a.T. 12-24-2010 12:47 PM

Happy Holidays - O.a.T.'s Diamond Kitchen Available

First, Happy Holidays to all. :santasmile:

Next, for anyone wanting to download and try my kitchen out, click here for the link. As I'm spending most of my time on my new Android Optimus (which I really like), you should not expect much support from me on this. I will try to check on this thread occasionally and respond to questions, comments, etc., as time permits. Finally, OMJ on his kitchen thread provided a very good guide to using his kitchen, and since my kitchen was derived from his, it should suffice very well.

xclaw 12-25-2010 05:37 AM

Re: Happy Holidays - O.a.T.'s Diamond Kitchen Available

Thanks!

higher diamonds 12-25-2010 03:49 PM

Thanks for sharing your Kitchen O.a.T

win7463 12-26-2010 01:41 AM

Thanks so much. Happy Holidays.

jjairal 12-26-2010 11:14 AM

thanks Oat looking forward to trying it out. Get to have a few more months out of my little diamond before i move on as well.

jonnyg333 12-26-2010 01:24 PM

Thanks for the kitchen! I was thinking about moving to the Optimus too. Are you planning on making a ROM for that phone as well? I know there are only a couple out there right now.

O.a.T. 12-26-2010 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnyg333 (Post 2020054)
Thanks for the kitchen! I was thinking about moving to the Optimus too. Are you planning on making a ROM for that phone as well? I know there are only a couple out there right now.

Yes, only 2 custom roms out there now that I've found. Used the stock rom for a few days just to ensure we didn't get lemons. Then tried ThunderROM for the last couple of days. Much lighter than stock ROM but IMHO not very smooth and there were problems with LauncherPro. Just flashed nROM which uses LauncherPro as default and that is working well. Very smooth too, but it is actually a little heavier than the stock rom. Haven't gotten to the point where I'm going to try to remove apps, but that's probably next for me. Then, I will probably start cooking up ROMs for the Optimus in the near future.

xraytech8704 12-28-2010 02:05 AM

thanyou very much OAT!

Sabroso 12-29-2010 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.a.T. (Post 2019371)
First, Happy Holidays to all. :santasmile:

.....anyone wanting to try my kitchen out, click here for the link....
..... OMJ on his kitchen thread provided a very good guide to using his kitchen, and since my kitchen was derived from his, it should suffice very well.

Thanks Again O.a.T. you are a great man. :headbang:
Really appreciate and be thankful for all your ROMs
and it is very kind to share your kitchen. =D>
By the way the link to OMJ tutorial is this one???
(off Topic)
My Old man goes to DroidX with a lot of discounts at verizon (I guess 'cause in January 6 it will be launch the NEW android/LTE phones), so I will go to DroidX too (Since here in Mexico My carrier has get DroidX too). I'm Just waiting to get a cheap DroidX with BAD ESN from the states to use it here in Mexico.

Good Luck and have a nice NEW YEAR O.a.T.
Sincerely Sabroso :thumbright:

O.a.T. 12-29-2010 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabroso (Post 2026019)
Thanks Again O.a.T. you are a great man. :headbang:
Really appreciate and be thankful for all your ROMs
and it is very kind to share your kitchen. =D>
By the way the link to OMJ tutorial is this one???
(off Topic)
My Old man goes to DroidX with a lot of discounts at verizon (I guess 'cause in January 6 it will be launch the NEW android/LTE phones), so I will go to DroidX too (Since here in Mexico My carrier has get DroidX too). I'm Just waiting to get a cheap DroidX with BAD ESN from the states to use it here in Mexico.

Good Luck and have a nice NEW YEAR O.a.T.
Sincerely Sabroso :thumbright:

Yes, that is the OMJ tutorial on the kitchen I was referring to. You will still see a few of OMJ's original templates in the kitchen, as well as a bunch of mine. Would recommend by starting with one of those templates and judicially add/subtract packages you want/don't want. XDA's Chef Central is also a wonderful source for how to's, help, and of course new sys's and Sense packages.

As an aside, really like my new Optimus S. Have already rooted mine and been trying out a few custom roms. Suspect it won't be too long before I start cooking my own. The deal we got, IMHO, was pretty good too. For 2 free phones, unlimited data and text, 1500 min/month, free mobile to all other mobiles, free weekends and evenings we are paying about $100/month. That averages out to about a $40/month savings over the 2 year contract for 2 EVO's.