PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   CLOSED | Lite O.a.T. ROMs | Because lite & O.a.T.s are good for you. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=135786)

O.a.T. 10-21-2010 04:31 PM

CLOSED | Lite O.a.T. ROMs | Because lite & O.a.T.s are good for you.

5 Attachment(s)
Intro
In this first page you will find a short description of my ROM development philosophy, as well as O.a.T. ROM news and a list of the cooked in apps and a list of the cabs that I personally use. The subsequent 4 reserved pages will individually contain a brief introduction, screen shots, any special notes, and download links about the 4 major categories of ROMs I cook, namely a basic Sense 2.5.20XY ROM, a Titanium ROM, a MaxSense ROM, and a "Special" category ROM that for example will include things like transparency mods or Co0kie's Home Tab (CHT).

ROM Development Philosophy

First, in regards to SYS's, I follow the latest versions, but don't always cook these into my roms. I usually wait for days, if I cook at at all, to see if there is a real benefit in terms of functions or performance.

In regards to SENSE, my philosophy is very similar to the above. I follow the latest updates but don't always adopt them until I am convinced they offer something substantially better, are very robust themselves, and integrate well with Sense mods like CHT or MaxSense, for example.

In regards to "light", I cook very few apps into my ROMS for two simple reasons. It makes it easier to keep up with the latest versions of those apps without reflashing and more than likely they can be installed in internal memory thus freeing up device memory. The exception to this is major Sense mods, like transparency, since installing these via cab usually requires overlaying them on top of existing files, reducing overall device memory. The other exception is MaxSense, developed by Maxycy, as he does not allow the posting of cabs.

Finally, I do no "artistic mods", like skinning, etc., because I have no artistic capability and enough others do and post that I can generally find something if I look. In addition, these mods are very individualistic in nature meaning "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

ROM News
12/18/10: Thread closed, as I am moving on to Android.

Cooked in Apps (not in SYS or Sense or a SYS/Sense Tweak)
FM Radio
Adobe PDF
Total Commander
FreeCell
Teeter
CDMA Phone Codes

Personal Cabs (Attached)
BandSwitch
Bing
fExploreExt
GoogleMaps
GoogleSearch
JWMDIconChanger
Mini5wm (Opera Mini)
MyNote
NaviComputer
RichesseGPS
ScreenOff
SKTools (trial version)
Sleep Timer
Snooze Option
SPB Backup (not included - licensed)
Sprint Picture Mail
TouchInCall_ScreenTweak
Weather4Me
Whip2Snap
XHook
XTask

O.a.T. 10-21-2010 04:32 PM

Basic Sense 2.5.20XY ROMs

This is the page for basic Sense 2.5.20XY ROMs. These will serve those well who don't want or need a more configurable UI via CHT or MaxSense. If you are not sure about CHT, this may still be the ROM to try with Co0kie cabbed in. And if you decide you don't like or need that capability, it should be easily uninstallable, getting you back to the basic ROM, without the need to reflash. There are many variations in this ROM set including different versions of Sense & WinMo. In terms of the latter, ROMs supporting both WinMo 6.5 and 6.5.x are available. Finally, this set of ROMs are the heart of the MaxSense and the "Special" ROMs.

Special Notes
There is an issue with messaging in the 2018 builds as identified by WIN7463. I include his description and workaround here for completeness.

"I have tried all three versions of the 2018 rom and they all do the same thing. After a lot of trying different scenarios I have narrowed it down to a very specific cause of the problem. When a text comes in and I touch the text it responds as usual by shrinking and expanding but nothing pops up. Pressing it a second time brings up the htc contact program (not sure what it is really called) and it shows the message tab including any old text messages. Whenever this tab is selected it messes sense up including sitcky menus and pressing any text messages from now on brings nothing up no matter how many times it is pressed. Doing a soft reset brings everything back to normal. Any favorite contacts I have that are set up for messaging when I click on their pic also causes the sense problems even if there is no text messages from them on the phone. This even happens when clicking/pressing a text message recieved from someone not in my contacts because it brings up the htc contacts program with message tab. I can get around this by not clicking on text messages or the message tab in contacts. On the sense tab for messages if I use the all messages or menu buttons at the bottom of the screen there is no problem because this brings up the windows mobile message interface not the htc one. From these menus I can do everything I need so at least now I know how to avoid the problem. I just cannot click a text message to reply or click on a favourite contact to send a message on the contacts tab. It seems this message tab seems to mess up sense so it undo's the vga port and the menus do not display properly anymore."

"So to sum up ways to avoid the problem.

1) Do not click on a text message on the sense message tab to reply, use the menu button at the bottom.
2) When adding a favorite to the sense contacts tab do not use message as the default choice.
3) When viewing contacts with the sense interface do not click the message tab, all other tabs do not mess up sense menus.

and if it does mess up just soft reset."

Screen shots coming soon.

Light Sense 2.5.2012
Click here to download 21895 (6.5).
Click here to download 23541 (6.5.5).

Light Sense 2.5.2016
Click here to download 21895 (6.5).

Light Sense 2.5.2018 w/RSS in Home Tab
Click here to download 21914 (6.5).
Click here to download 23129 (6.5.3).

O.a.T. 10-21-2010 04:33 PM

Titanium ROMs

This page is for Titanium ROMs, i.e., ROMs that do not have the Sense UI cooked in. The only other difference in these ROMs is they do contain Microsoft's weather widget. These Titanium ROMs can also serve as a good basis for those using SPB's Mobile Shell, providing device memory usage similar to the basic Sense ROMs. Finally, depending on your preference for WinMo 6.5 or 6.5.x, several choices are available with different SYSs.

No special notes.

Screen shots coming soon.

Light Titanium
Click here for 21895 (6.5).
Click here for 21916 (6.5).
Click here for 23541 (6.5.5).

O.a.T. 10-21-2010 04:33 PM

MaxSense ROMs

3 Attachment(s)
This is the page for MaxSense ROMs. It's been sometime since anyone has heard from Maxycy, either on his thread at XDA, via email, or as an update to MaxSense. So what we've got here is the latest.

Special Notes
You will need to install an "Action Screen". Click here for the one I use or you can search for others at XDA. You can configure MaxSense from scratch, or you can click here for the theme I used as a basis. Other VGA themes are also available in this thread. As usual, multiple versions of the ROM with different versions of WinMo are available for download.

A known issue for these ROMs is one cannot select bottom programs in the Program Selector for Quick Links. A workaround is as follows. You can create another link of the same program preceded with AAA so that it will appear at the top of the list and is thus selectable.

Also, another solution to the Program Selector problem comes from Sonic101Mk2. I quote.

"Hi O.A.T. For the problem with maxsense roms concerning not being able to select programs from the list at the bottom. you can slide down and see them if you hold your thumb, but if your phone has direction buttons like the diamond you can use them to select the program you want. it's messy but at leas you don't have to make new link and such."

Light MaxSense v1.05
Click here for 21895 (6.5).
Click here for 21916 (6.5) w/RSS.
Click here for 23541 (6.5.5).

O.a.T. 10-21-2010 04:34 PM

Special ROMs

6 Attachment(s)
This is the page for so-called "Special" ROMs including large Sense mods like major transparency changes or Co0kie's Home Tab (CHT). As previously mentioned, the reason for including these here is to maximize available device memory since these mods usually involve overlaying (not replacing) many, and sometimes sizable, manila files. As usual, ROMs supporting different versions of WinMo (6.5 and 6.5.x) are/will be available.

Special Notes
To get the below transparent task and menu bars and the BG4All wallpaper, use the attached Voldeus cab. You'll need to install the cab and you'll also need to copy the shell32.exe and aygshell.dll found in the attached 21681.rar or 21684.zip to your "Internal Storage". (Note: These are only for 21681 & 21684. If you need these for other SYSs, LMK.) You'll also need to have 480X640 and 640x480 jpg's of the wallpaper you want to use. Then, first run the set opacity program in the Voldeus folder, choosing the shell32.exe and the aygshell.dll appropriately for the "Set taskbar opacity" and "Set menubar opacity" menu items. Then soft reset. Next run the set wallpaper program, picking your portrait and landscape jpg's appropriately. End with another soft reset. This will also change your start menu background.

Light Sense 2.5.2016
Click here for 21681 (6.5.3) w/RSS & Transparency.
Click here for 21684 (6.5.3) w/RSS & Transparency.
Click here for 21684 (6.5.3) w/RSS & Themes.

O.a.T. 10-27-2010 07:48 PM

Light O.a.T. ROMs - Oct. 27, 2010

Opened.

win7463 10-27-2010 08:31 PM

Re: O.a.T. ROMs - Oct. 27, 2010

Been out of town lots and haven't had time for helping out with newer testing. Thanks for sticking with us and keeping us up to date.

josh3794 10-27-2010 11:10 PM

Re: Light O.a.T. ROMs - Oct. 27, 2010

2 Attachment(s)
I'm just posting the cabs for youtube and office on the first page here. They kept getting requested in the previous thread. Hopefully it makes it easier to find here.

Sabroso 10-28-2010 01:12 AM

A taskmanager for Win6.5.3

1 Attachment(s)
Congratulation O.a.T. your ROM keep growing up!!! \\:D/
and with this new Thread is get mature age, LOL!!! Felicitaciones mi hermano, Nice TITLE bro!!!!

By the way, O.a.T I found a more clean solution for "Real Close programs" when press "X" instead of XTask&XHook.
It's call "MM Manager v.23.101010" (updated Oct 19, 2010).
The XDA developer is call "Maximus.Mobile", since I don't have permission to post the cab here
I will post the link for the developer webpage where there is a Free download link.
(See attached image)

TRY IT and let me hear what you think. For me it works really fine, the only luck is a better way to pop up it (I don't like to use "long press" to "Send Key" and it is hard to press the top taskbar without the stylus).
Anyway I put it at QuickLink. In Settings I'm using:
YES: Load on Boat
"120": seconds for "Load on boot delay"
YES: Enable task launch
YES: Close on X button
YES: Confirm on close all

Best Regards Sabroso :thumbright:

kainppc6700 10-28-2010 05:55 AM

Re: Light O.a.T. ROMs - Oct. 27, 2010

Hello O.a.T. Nice, Fresh and Clean Thread :) Like Beautiful morning in July. Congratulation. At least I find ROM for my heart and my Diamond, your ROM :) Thx 4 everything.