PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 03:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CLOSED, Lt. Sense 2.5.[2012|2016|2018], WM6.[5|5.x], MaxSense, Titanium

Just checking to see how much interest there would be in a very, very light, MaxSense ROM. Currently it's based on 23541, but 21895 and 23557 are possible. My small, private local user group has been using it now for about 10 days, and most really like it.

Maybe a few more words on my "ROM Philosophy", so everyone knows what they are buying into if I do post this ROM.

First, in regards to SYS's, I use to try the latest versions, but most times could see very little difference in capabilities or performance. Seems, if anything, I would see bugs in the SYS's. So I've found a SYS that works and I've stuck with it.

In regards to SENSE, very similar to the above, with the exception that at this point I am aware and following the state of and developments of 2015, 2016, etc. It's likely that I will be moving to those sometime in the future when I am convinced they offer something substantially better than 2012, are very robust themselves, and integrate well with Sense additions like Co0kie, MaxSense, GTX, etc.

In regards to "light", I cook very few apps into my ROMS for two simple reasons. It makes it easier to keep up with the latest versions of those apps without reflashing and more than likely they can be installed in internal memory thus freeing up working memory. In fact, I haven't flashed a new ROM in months! Personally, I create a complete backup of my rom and all my installed apps that do not modify Sense, after I've installed and set them up, and after a thorough cleaning/optimization of the registry. Then it makes it easy to start from there with sense mods. I've never had a problem upgrading sense mods, for e.g., Co0kie or MaxSense, to their latest versions.

The latter will have to change a bit as Maxycy, the creator of MaxSense, is currently not allowing the posting of cabs. I will probably weigh carefully the severity of any MaxSense bugs reported along with an evaluation of the corrections/extensions the updated versions offer before releasing a new ROM.

Finally, I do no "artistic mods", like skinning, etc., because I have no artistic capability and enough others do and post that I can generally find something, like transparency, if I look.

Please consider the above and LMK if you really are interested under these conditions. Thanks.

All Version 1.0 Downloads here
Version 2.0 2016 & MaxSense Downloads here
Version 3.0 2016 Downloads here.
Alternative Downloads for Version 2.0 & 3.0 here.
Version 4.0 2018 Downloads here

Last edited by O.a.T.; 08-20-2011 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Title Change
This post has been thanked 27 times.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

ctiger is becoming a great contributor
Re: Anyone Interested in a Light, MaxSense ROM

Count me in.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

marcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good work

I like Lite anything.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: bluegrass

vibbertations is a n00b

I'm in. I'm on Energy and have about .5 MB free space.

Thanks!
Old 06-30-2010, 04:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Threadstarter

O.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributionsO.a.T. should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbertations View Post
I'm in. I'm on Energy and have about .5 MB free space.

Thanks!

Hmmm? My Diamond, after installing all my apps and MaxSense leaves free Storage/Program of 57MB/75.6MB respectively. My other Diamond with Co0kie is at 55MB/85MB, albeit with a few different apps.

Last edited by O.a.T.; 06-30-2010 at 04:36 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA

crackity is a n00b

Sounds like a great idea! There isn't a basic no-nonsense ROM that is current posted up here anymore. Plus, I personally like the basic look without getting too artsy.

Go for it!
Old 06-30-2010, 08:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond Touch
Carrier: telus

firebelly is a n00b

sounds great, I am willing to test if that is what you are looking for
Old 06-30-2010, 09:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: bluegrass

vibbertations is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.a.T. View Post
Hmmm? My Diamond, after installing all my apps and MaxSense leaves free Storage/Program of 57MB/75.6MB respectively. My other Diamond with Co0kie is at 55MB/85MB, albeit with a few different apps.
I have installed S2U, STU Energy Theme, and Touchpal. I also have 2 .wav ringtones because of the .mp3 ringtongs being corrupted. I'm down to 2.53MB of storage.

I have been thinking about going back to Moonscape's ROM since he updated but I've been kind of watching to see if anything else comes out in the next few weeks.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

xraytech8704 is keeping up the good workxraytech8704 is keeping up the good work

count me in also.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

rsuddath is becoming a great contributor

I like reasonably full featured "lite" ROMS that allow me to install applications (that allow it) to Internal Storage. Thanks for offering, it would be great to have any level of ROM development for the Diamond.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development