PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 07:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [2/1/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | WM6.5 | SYS 21890]

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
nothing really... i think im aware of all the sizing issues. but that would be what u would see... i think everything else works great.
basically just use it as u usually do... and if u notice anything that doesn't work or looks weird... let me know.
thanks.
A few minor things here and there are stretched/distorted. Eg when you click on the top right to bring up the task manager/switcher and then go to the Options/Settings - some of the radio buttons are stretched. Just some minor things like that, other than that everything seems to be just fine.

Also - the Manila locker seems to be less buggy for some reason.

Every once in a while, something in Manila will get blanked out and replaced with just plain white pixels, like the Alarm section on the home page or contact photos in the Favorites page etc but they evnetually come back. Not a big deal at all but thought you should know.

I still haven't tested ANY functions that relate to the phone radio or phone functions etc though eg phone calls, text messages etc. I'm only using it on wifi since this phone is not activated.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

ok... i got everything working as i want it on the 2011 packages.
almost... i fixed the drop down menus in all the settings menus (power, email settings, etc...) to fit vga... it pisses me off to find out how easy it was to do, just a simple regedit... all the other packages should also be fine... atleast as good working as 1922.
now... the things that changed the most is basically the menus size... a little bit bigger (they went from font size of 26 to size 28 in all the menus).
ill upload a light version for all u guys who can't wait for 2011 manila to be released. i would suggest to all of u who have the time to reflash to do so... this version actually have landscape support for almost all the screens besides manila and personally i think it's really faster then older versions.
i've reverted back to older keyboard version to get xt9 working perfect... and i changed the menus highlights just a little bit.
when 2011 comes out ill add "g config" so we can set everything to flip when we want it to.
link is updated.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
Old 02-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Almost a VIP

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
ok... i got everything working as i want it on the 2011 packages.
almost... i fixed the drop down menus in all the settings menus (power, email settings, etc...) to fit vga... it pisses me off to find out how easy it was to do, just a simple regedit... all the other packages should also be fine... atleast as good working as 1922.
now... the things that changed the most is basically the menus size... a little bit bigger (they went from font size of 26 to size 28 in all the menus).
ill upload a light version for all u guys who can't wait for 2011 manila to be released. i would suggest to all of u who have the time to reflash to do so... this version actually have landscape support for almost all the screens besides manila and personally i think it's really faster then older versions.
i've reverted back to older keyboard version to get xt9 working perfect... and i changed the menus highlights just a little bit.
when 2011 comes out ill add "g config" so we can set everything to flip when we want it to.
link is updated.
Downloading Feb 4 Lite version right now.

Which keyboard did you go back to? I hope it's still EzInput 2.1 right? What's different about this keyboard? Just curious.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:36 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
Downloading Feb 4 Lite version right now.

Which keyboard did you go back to? I hope it's still EzInput 2.1 right? What's different about this keyboard? Just curious.
its ezinput 2.1... almost the exact same thing. besides the arrows in the # mode.
again... i think i got it all working right... try to go to landscape in some screens by long pressing the send button to check it out and to see if i might have missed anything.

btw just to let u sprint guys know... i've switched to a generic rom myself just because i can get the better version of sprint nav to work on my rom.
im using this version... i think its better than any other version i've seen of sprint nav since u can just use the voice option to tell where u want to go just by pushing a button and not by calling some #. and it's faster of course.
for all u sprint guys who wants to give it a shot... it work on the new generic rom for sure.
thanks to Maxx134 for that version.
Thread
Download

Last edited by amikam; 02-05-2010 at 01:50 AM.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:55 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
its ezinput 2.1... almost the exact same thing. besides the arrows in the # mode.
again... i think i got it all working right... try to go to landscape in some screens by long pressing the send button to check it out and to see if i might have missed anything.

btw just to let u sprint guys know... i've switched to a generic rom myself just because i can get the better version of sprint nav to work on my rom.
im using this version... i think its better than any other version i've seen of sprint nav since u can just use the voice option to tell where u want to go just by pushing a button and not by calling some #. and it's faster of course.
for all u sprint guys who wants to give it a shot... it work on the new generic rom for sure.
thanks to Maxx134 for that version.
Thread
Download
Sweet! Glad you got rid of that keyboard with the arrows, I wasn't a fan of those..

Flashing the ROM now..
Old 02-05-2010, 03:09 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
A few minor things here and there are stretched/distorted. Eg when you click on the top right to bring up the task manager/switcher and then go to the Options/Settings - some of the radio buttons are stretched. Just some minor things like that, other than that everything seems to be just fine.

Also - the Manila locker seems to be less buggy for some reason.

Every once in a while, something in Manila will get blanked out and replaced with just plain white pixels, like the Alarm section on the home page or contact photos in the Favorites page etc but they evnetually come back. Not a big deal at all but thought you should know.

I still haven't tested ANY functions that relate to the phone radio or phone functions etc though eg phone calls, text messages etc. I'm only using it on wifi since this phone is not activated.
just now saw that u said something about the test version...
about the buttons in windows settings... that just how the theme is... not sure y it is... but the only way to make it not look like that is to lose the black circle and the black "v" check mark. since its technically a theme for 6.5.x.... but still works... thats a known issue that cant be fixed unless i go back to 6.5 or 6.1 theme for windows.
the white boxes in manila are also some kind of result of cfc i think... but it rarely happens... unless u push on the same thing like a million times and very fast.

and thats it... i think the newer ver. works a lot better... i still need to port all the packages to fix vga in landscape though... but that can wait a few days until 2.5.2011 comes out... hopefully by the end of this weekend... although... i think manila runs really fast right now after switching to the newer versions of packages.

notice that there is less free space available since basically all the packages now contain landscape graphics as well as portrait. which personally i think kinda sucks... but its running faster... so i dont mind.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Almost a VIP

One MAJOR problem with both Feb-1 and Feb-4 ROMs - most of the times when you take the phone off charge when it's been on AC charger all night, it's crashed or hung. Ie the screen won't turn on, I'm not sure if the phone is on/off at this point and there's nothing you can do other than pull the battery.

Next time it happens i'll test if it's on by calling it from a different phone.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: CDMA HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

X-Rayden is a n00b

I've got the feb 1 full version with telus carier installed.

I love this version! great work !

the only problem I see is simple : when in USB "drive" mode, it goes in standby like it's not connected, then the connection broke, i've got less than 30 seconds to go to the drive and copy something.

on my computer it transfer faster in drive mode, even if I could do it in activesync mode, transfering a 1.5 Gigs audiobook is a pain in the a**.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:21 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Rayden View Post
I've got the feb 1 full version with telus carier installed.

I love this version! great work !

the only problem I see is simple : when in USB "drive" mode, it goes in standby like it's not connected, then the connection broke, i've got less than 30 seconds to go to the drive and copy something.

on my computer it transfer faster in drive mode, even if I could do it in activesync mode, transfering a 1.5 Gigs audiobook is a pain in the a**.
adjust manila locker setting to unlock when plugged to ac... and it would work..
i need to upload a new version with my new converted packages and ill make sure that is set on manila locker also... cuz it's been bugging me to.
Old 02-07-2010, 01:24 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: [2/6/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | WM6.5 | SYS 21890]

Updated.
change log on second post, downloads first post.
everything should be working a lot better and faster now.
also updated a couple of links in post 3.

Last edited by amikam; 02-07-2010 at 02:08 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development