PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2009, 09:04 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
Question Use sprint phone on Boost network

I found a guy on craigslist who can flash a sprint phone (he showed me a mogul and a touch pro) to work on the boost unlimited network. I am prepared to buy a brand new touch pro from sprint (pay the whole outright cost) and pay him $150 to fix it to work on the boost network.

I know that it can be done because he showed me the two phones he has now and i tested them both and they both use the sprint network for data, voice and even have sprint tv.

Before i pay this jerk the $150 he wants I'm trying to figure out if I can do this on my own or if i need to by special equipment. Can someone please provide me with instructions or at least where i can find some? I searched all over google and yahoo answers is next.

This way i can get off of this crazy 100/mo plan and pay only $55 for boost

Last edited by jimmiekain; 07-14-2009 at 09:06 PM. Reason: fixed the title
Old 07-17-2009, 12:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Use sprint phone on Boost network

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
I found a guy on craigslist who can flash a sprint phone (he showed me a mogul and a touch pro) to work on the boost unlimited network. I am prepared to buy a brand new touch pro from sprint (pay the whole outright cost) and pay him $150 to fix it to work on the boost network.

I know that it can be done because he showed me the two phones he has now and i tested them both and they both use the sprint network for data, voice and even have sprint tv.

Before i pay this jerk the $150 he wants I'm trying to figure out if I can do this on my own or if i need to by special equipment. Can someone please provide me with instructions or at least where i can find some? I searched all over google and yahoo answers is next.

It can be done...but there is no exact science to it. You first have to get a plan with Boost CDMA...then get on the unlimited...then get them to swap ESN's to the Touch Pro.

Some people have had great luck...others...not so much.

Check Howard Forums as I believe that's where a lot of this started.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tp2

AL_CAPONE_187 is becoming a great contributor
Cool Sad When People Try To Take Advantage Of Others Instead Of Helping Them

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post

WOW!!! its so sad people are taking what I discovered for the most part. and trying to make money off of it! If I charged everyone that I helped do this the same price as this guy I would be a pretty rich guy also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
It can be done...but there is no exact science to it. You first have to get a plan with Boost CDMA...then get on the unlimited...then get them to swap ESN's to the Touch Pro.

Some people have had great luck...others...not so much.

Check Howard Forums as I believe that's where a lot of this started.

anyways basilray is right it isnt really hard. check out howardforums where as he said it pretty much started. being i pretty much started it. I created the thread and the videos and helped others and wow did my thread take off like i didnt expect it. Yes it will take lots of reading but its not that hard at all to do. Just check out my thread.

My username on howardforums is al_capone_x3

here is my thread. . .

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...1519337&page=1

--->By the way hit that thanks button please<---

Last edited by AL_CAPONE_187; 07-17-2009 at 10:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:25 AM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, TP1, Kaiser, Apache & HP iPAQ hx2495b
Carrier: Verizon (formerly Alltel)

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff
Re: Sad When People Try To Take Advantage Of Others Instead Of Helping Them

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL_CAPONE_187 View Post
Now, the next logical follow-up question. In what metro markets does Boost offer the CDMA unlimited plans/phones.... I think in my area Boost sells iDEN phones?
Old 11-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: treo 800w
Carrier: sprint

puraaa is a n00b
Re: Use sprint phone on Boost network

here is someone that will flash your sprint phone to boost for only $36 !!!!!

I flash your sprint phone to boost mobile! - eBay (item 250710405600 end time Dec-11-10 11:02:18 PST)

he did it for my htc pro 2 and it works great!!!!!!!

Last edited by puraaa; 11-16-2010 at 12:36 PM.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion