PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Carrier Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Use sprint phone on Boost network (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74799)

jimmiekain 07-14-2009 09:04 PM

Use sprint phone on Boost network

I found a guy on craigslist who can flash a sprint phone (he showed me a mogul and a touch pro) to work on the boost unlimited network. I am prepared to buy a brand new touch pro from sprint (pay the whole outright cost) and pay him $150 to fix it to work on the boost network.

I know that it can be done because he showed me the two phones he has now and i tested them both and they both use the sprint network for data, voice and even have sprint tv.

Before i pay this jerk the $150 he wants I'm trying to figure out if I can do this on my own or if i need to by special equipment. Can someone please provide me with instructions or at least where i can find some? I searched all over google and yahoo answers is next.

This way i can get off of this crazy 100/mo plan and pay only $55 for boost

basilray 07-17-2009 12:59 PM

Re: Use sprint phone on Boost network

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmiekain (Post 1035840)
I found a guy on craigslist who can flash a sprint phone (he showed me a mogul and a touch pro) to work on the boost unlimited network. I am prepared to buy a brand new touch pro from sprint (pay the whole outright cost) and pay him $150 to fix it to work on the boost network.

I know that it can be done because he showed me the two phones he has now and i tested them both and they both use the sprint network for data, voice and even have sprint tv.

Before i pay this jerk the $150 he wants I'm trying to figure out if I can do this on my own or if i need to by special equipment. Can someone please provide me with instructions or at least where i can find some? I searched all over google and yahoo answers is next.

It can be done...but there is no exact science to it. You first have to get a plan with Boost CDMA...then get on the unlimited...then get them to swap ESN's to the Touch Pro.

Some people have had great luck...others...not so much.

Check Howard Forums as I believe that's where a lot of this started.

AL_CAPONE_187 07-17-2009 10:28 PM

Sad When People Try To Take Advantage Of Others Instead Of Helping Them

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmiekain (Post 1035840)

WOW!!! its so sad people are taking what I discovered for the most part. and trying to make money off of it! :angry7::angry7::angry7: If I charged everyone that I helped do this the same price as this guy I would be a pretty rich guy also. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by basilray (Post 1042014)
It can be done...but there is no exact science to it. You first have to get a plan with Boost CDMA...then get on the unlimited...then get them to swap ESN's to the Touch Pro.

Some people have had great luck...others...not so much.

Check Howard Forums as I believe that's where a lot of this started.

anyways basilray is right it isnt really hard. check out howardforums where as he said it pretty much started. being i pretty much started it. I created the thread and the videos and helped others and wow did my thread take off like i didnt expect it. Yes it will take lots of reading but its not that hard at all to do. Just check out my thread.

My username on howardforums is al_capone_x3

here is my thread. . .

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...1519337&page=1

--->By the way hit that thanks button please<---

ksg 08-04-2009 11:25 AM

Re: Sad When People Try To Take Advantage Of Others Instead Of Helping Them

Quote:

Originally Posted by AL_CAPONE_187 (Post 1043109)

Now, the next logical follow-up question. In what metro markets does Boost offer the CDMA unlimited plans/phones.... I think in my area Boost sells iDEN phones?

puraaa 11-16-2010 12:30 PM

Re: Use sprint phone on Boost network

here is someone that will flash your sprint phone to boost for only $36 !!!!!

I flash your sprint phone to boost mobile! - eBay (item 250710405600 end time Dec-11-10 11:02:18 PST)

he did it for my htc pro 2 and it works great!!!!!!!