PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2008, 11:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Soon...HTC Magic G2
Carrier: T-Mobile

redrazr7791 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Try to get out of Contract without paying ETF

Hmm....i may have to try this. I just ordered the TOUCH HD and will eventually open a T-mobile plan. If all goes well, i may downgrade or even leave sprint......i wish they would have gotten this phone, but oh well, can't have everything. AND IM STILL TRYING TO SELL MY TOUCH PRO lol, i think i may put it up for sale on here, so anyone looking for a brand new TOUCH PRO, be on the alert, i may be putting up an ad in the next few days-weeks
Old 12-28-2008, 01:02 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Sounds good Red.. What are you selling your TP for?
Old 12-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

ducylowycz is keeping up the good workducylowycz is keeping up the good workducylowycz is keeping up the good work

woohoo...I got out of contract w/four lines of service and no ETF, here is the conversation this morning:

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']9:50:13 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']System[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Connected to sprint-ap2.cnxchat.com[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']9:50:14 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Session ID: 4561630[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']9:50:19 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Please hold and the next available agent will be with you shortly.[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Hi! Thanks for waiting. Because we take your security and privacy very serious, please be prepared to provide your account PIN or password or security answer.[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Even though you may have already logged in to My Sprint, this info is used to verify account holder information.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']9:50:24 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Ciaira has joined this session![/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Connected with Ciaira[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Ciaira[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is Ciaira. How may I assist you?[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']9:50:34 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Good Morning Michael.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']9:51:10 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Michael Ducylowycz[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I would like to cancel my account w/out the ETF due to the Administrative changes that are taking effect 01/01/09[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']9:52:09 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']For account verification, may I please have the 6-10 digit PIN number or the anwser to your security question?[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']9:52:21 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']xxxxxx[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']9:52:49 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Thank you.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']9:53:24 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Michael, in order to cancel your account I will have to transfer you to Account Services one moment please.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']9:53:29 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']yes[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']9:55:29 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']You are being transferred to another queue. Please stand by...[/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Ciaira has left this session![/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Thongsavanh has joined this session![/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']9:55:30 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Connected with Thongsavanh[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']9:55:34 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Thongsavanh[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Thanks for contacting Sprint. My name is Thongsavanh. Please allow me a few moments to review the previous chat transcript.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']9:56:39 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I understand that you are considering canceling due to the $0.24 increase that is to go in effect 1-1-2009, is that correct?[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']9:58:01 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']That is correct, this is a breach in the subscriber agreement on Sprint's behalf.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']9:58:24 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I appreciate your patience. One moment please while I access your account and review your account notes so I can better assist you with resolving your issue today.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']9:59:36 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']The fees are not Government mandated which allows me as a consumer to cancel service without ANY early termination fees. I have been frustrated with Sprint since August of this year.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']9:59:50 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']May I ask did you try calling in to cancel due to these increase?[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']10:00:50 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I did, however the lady on the phone was very rude and we somehow got disconnected....I also, would rather have a transcript which allows me "proof" of conversation[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']10:01:10 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I appreciate your patience. One moment please while I access your account and review your account notes so I can better assist you with resolving your issue today.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']10:01:45 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I do apologize for that inconvenience that has occurred. May I also ask was there any other reason that is causing you to want to end services with us?[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']10:02:32 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']As I stated before (and you can see from the notes under the account) I have been having trouble with Sprint ever since 08/01/08[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']10:03:40 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']...I spent countless hours on the phone with customer service which is a waste of time[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']10:04:58 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I think I am going to pursue other options with my wireless provider[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']10:06:55 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I can understand any frustrations that is causing you to want to cancel, I am so sorry for all of the time that you have used up trying to get things resolved. I am reviewing the current plan that you are on the Power Pack 1000 plan for $50, I am sure that no other providers can beat this service in rate plans that we are offering you and I see the new phones that are currently on the plan. I understand your need to change to another provider, however, I am seeing that you pay on a monthly basis for 4 lines under $100. This is an amazing steal for 1000 minutes, as other providers would charge more. I am aware of the $0.24 increase, however, it is best this plan that you are on as changing to another provider you may not have the best phones that you currently have and the plans that you are currently on as well.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']10:12:40 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I have fully reviewed my account and have come to the conclusion that I would rather pay for consistent service. I am not arguing the fact that the current plan I have with Sprint is a good one however, with the changes that have happened within the last couple months it is more of a "headache" than a blessing. I don't use two of the lines under the account and I have always had the "latest-and-greatest" business class phones that Sprint had to offer. The wireless service is decent however, the customer service and billing discrepencies over the past year have been unacceptable. In addition, the 20% discount that has been applied to my account ends early this next year as well. After that my bill is sure to hit the $150-200 mark[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']10:14:08 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']For less than $100.00 for two lines...a different wireless carrier would definately be able to offer me that.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']10:14:51 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Yes, I totally understand the inconveniences and all the hassle that you had to go through with billing, I am able to process this cancellation for you. May I also ask, Do you know anyone who may be interested in opening a new Sprint account, or who currently has a Sprint account, that could take over your current lines of service?[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']10:16:17 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']...unfortunately I regret refering anyone to Sprint as a wireless provider. [/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']10:16:46 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I am so sorry to hear about that, Our billing system automatically sets all cancellations to be effective at the end of your current billing cycle of 1-7-2009. Would you like me to proceed with processing your cancellation request?[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']10:18:16 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I would like to confirm that the "Early Termination Fee" of $200.00 per line of service would be waived.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']10:18:41 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Due to the increase in the administrative fees of $0.24 the penalties are waived on the account for the 4 lines.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']10:18:56 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Please bare with me as I process the account for cancellation.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']10:19:05 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']...wait[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']10:19:57 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I just want to make sure the "pealties" are the $200.00 USD Early Termination Fee's for EACH line of service that would be waived.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']10:20:06 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']That is correct.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']10:20:25 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']very good, you may proceed with canceling my account[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']10:20:31 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I have set the account for cancellation.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']10:20:45 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Have I resolved your issues, that prompted you to chat with us today?[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']10:20:52 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']very good, will I be receiving anything in the mail???[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']10:21:07 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Sprint bills a month in advance on the first invoice when service is established. Due to this month in advance billing, the last month of service is at no monthly charge (except when service has been previously turned off due to lost/stolen suspension). This does not include overages or additional service related charges.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']10:21:17 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']As long as the account has a current balance.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']10:21:48 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Very good...thank you for your time[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']10:21:52 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Thank you for contacting Sprint. Our goal is to make your chat experience a great one. There will be a survey after this chat that you may fill out to advise us of how we are doing. Please disable all popup blockers before this chat session ends to ensure you are afforded the opportunity to participate. Should you have any additional feedback or comments you would like to provide regarding your chat or chat agent, please send us an email at: sprint.customerappreciation@connextions.com. If you would like a copy of this transcript please press either the print button at the bottom of this session or the copy button to copy/paste into the word processing program of your choice.[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']10:21:57 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Thongsavanh has left this session![/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']10:21:57 AM [/FONT]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']The session has ended![/FONT]

So for now I am going to "bite-the-bullet" start new service w/out a contract wait a few months and get a hella deal.
Just thought others might find this usefull
Old 12-28-2008, 02:07 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Threadstarter

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level

Happy to hear that this helped you out ducy
Old 12-28-2008, 02:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Hey bigD check ur PMs bud
Old 12-29-2008, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo 4G

stogchris81 is just getting started

how do you chat with sprint?
Old 12-29-2008, 10:30 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Threadstarter

Log in on the Sprint website, go to your profile and there should be a link on the page...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo 4G

stogchris81 is just getting started

thank you for your responce. but i cannot find it. long work day i guess.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

just read that this opportunity ends JAN 1 not FEB 1.....rats and i just got my confirmation email from google checkout that my phone is on the way.....
Old 12-30-2008, 12:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HERO

Vip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good work

Here's mine, I didn't have any problems!

10:23:04 PM System Connected with Ericka
10:23:05 PM Ericka Thank you for contacting Sprint. My name is Ericka. How may I assist you?
10:23:21 PM Sprint User: I had a question regarding the increase in Administrative charges that begin on January 1, 2009
10:24:00 PM Ericka Sure.
10:24:30 PM Sprint User: It seems that in my original contract agreement, this is a 33% increase to what we have agreed to. And if this is not a government mandated increase, then I have the right legally to end my contract without penalty.
10:26:21 PM Sprint User: Hello?
10:28:22 PM Sprint User: Are you there?
10:30:55 PM Ericka Yes.
10:31:15 PM Ericka You can cancel your contract without ETF.
10:31:31 PM Sprint User: Can I please go ahead and do so now?
10:32:50 PM Ericka I will need to transfer you to account services.
10:32:58 PM Sprint User: Sure... thanks.
10:33:10 PM Ericka It has been a pleasure assisting you today. Thank you for your patience, I will now transfer you to Account Services to better assist you in resolving your issue today. Have a great day!
10:33:21 PM Sprint User: Alright.
10:33:32 PM Sprint User: Oh and you too!
10:33:50 PM System You are being transferred to another queue. Please stand by...
10:33:50 PM System Ericka has left this session!
10:40:56 PM System Stacey V has joined this session!
10:40:56 PM System Connected with Stacey V
10:40:56 PM Stacey V Thank you for contacting Sprint, my name is Stacey. Please allow me a moment to review your previous chat.
10:41:13 PM Sprint User: k
10:45:51 PM Stacey V I sincerely apologize for the delay. I understand you are looking to cancel due to the administrative fee change, correct?
10:46:02 PM Sprint User: Yes.
10:48:32 PM Stacey V For account verification, may I please have the 6-10 digit pin number on the account or could you please answer your security question for me?
10:48:48 PM Sprint User: ******
10:50:17 PM Stacey V May I ask if there were any other issues or concerns that aided in the decision to request this cancellation?
10:51:37 PM Sprint User: Pretty much, yes.
10:51:52 PM Stacey V I understand.
10:51:52 PM Stacey V May I ask if you know anyone who may be interested in opening a new Sprint account, or who currently has a Sprint account, that may be interested in taking over this line of service?
10:52:07 PM Sprint User: Not currently.
10:52:27 PM Stacey V Thank you.
10:52:42 PM Stacey V An alternative solution would be to retain your line as a back-up line. I can easily place your line on our Seasonal Standby plan for $5.95/ month, for up to six months. Whenever you are ready to activate the line for use again, let us know, and we will be happy to assist you in selecting a plan for the line. May I ask if you may be interested in this option?
10:53:08 PM Sprint User: No thank you.
10:53:47 PM Stacey V Thank you, one moment please.
10:56:17 PM Stacey V Thank you for your patience, at this time the account has been set to cancel as of 1/2/09 with the end of your current bill without any termination fee due to the administrative fee change.
10:56:17 PM Stacey V It is my job to ensure that I have fully resolved the issues that prompted you to chat with me. Have I resolved all of your issues today?
10:58:18 PM Sprint User: Since I just paid my previous bill with the ending date of 12-26-08, will I be charged anything after the 2nd.
10:59:13 PM Stacey V If the line does not incur any overages before 1/2/09, you will not be charged any further for the line.
10:59:49 PM Sprint User: Great, I would like to confirm that the "Early Termination Fee" of $200.00 would be waived. That is correct right?
10:59:58 PM Stacey V Yes, that is correct.
11:00:10 PM Sprint User: Alright, thank you so much!

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion