PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 10:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to savior02
Talking Sprint 3G On Top....

U.S. 3G broadband comparison crowns a surprise winner … Sprint In December, Gizmodo did its “Definitive coast-to-coast 3G data test” in which it compared the mobile broadband performance of Verizon Wireless, AT&T, and Sprint in eight cities across the U.S. and then published the results, which came up with a surprise winner: Sprint. Gizmodo used comparable USB dongles from the big three U.S. cellular carriers to measure bandwidth in eight cities: * New York * Boston * Chicago * San Francisco bay area * Seattle * Austin * Portland * Raleigh-Durham As the chart below shows, Sprint had the best download bandwidth in four of the eight cities and was highly competitive in the other four. In terms of national average, Sprint was the clear winner, with just under 1.5 Mbps average while AT&T and Verizon averaged about 1.2 Mbps. http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=11580
Old 01-23-2009, 02:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

zero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuffzero157h7 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to zero157h7 Send a message via AIM to zero157h7 Send a message via MSN to zero157h7 Send a message via Yahoo to zero157h7 Send a message via Skype™ to zero157h7
Re: Sprint 3G On Top....

Any chance this is because they are losing customers which frees up current bandwidth while Verizon and AT&T are growing and struggling to keep their bandwidth growing as fast as the customer base?
Old 01-23-2009, 02:08 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i'm glad they are on top.now if something can be done about this touch pro battery.....
Old 01-23-2009, 02:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

josegt is a n00b

Wow zero157h7 Plez Kill Ur Self Thanks...
Old 01-23-2009, 02:43 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by savior02 View Post
which came up with a surprise winner: Sprint.
are you kidding me? how was that a surprise? dude go do some research.. sprint has been known for their internet speeds for like 4 years now. "the largest and fastest mobile broadband network", "the now network", "everything at sprint speed"... cmon now. who DIDNT know sprint was on top?

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 01-23-2009, 03:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

FaithOmitted is just getting started

AT&T shouldn't have trouble with bandwidth anyway...and yeah Sprint has been on top for a while now. Is this the appropriate place, while we're here, to discuss the upcoming 4G? A lot of people think that LTE is going to come out on top but I find that hard to believe since WiMax has already gained so much support from manufacturers AND is already live in a couple cities. Any thoughts?
Old 01-24-2009, 04:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02
Exclamation Re: Sprint 3G On Top....

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
are you kidding me? how was that a surprise? dude go do some research.. sprint has been known for their internet speeds for like 4 years now. "the largest and fastest mobile broadband network", "the now network", "everything at sprint speed"... cmon now. who DIDNT know sprint was on top?
i copied and pasted the article im just the messenger..
Old 01-24-2009, 04:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/Hero/Evo4G

Stealth86 is becoming a great contributor

So, Why does AT&T run commercials with "The Fastest 3G network" if they are running in 2nd/3rd place?
Old 01-24-2009, 05:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by savior02 View Post
i copied and pasted the article im just the messenger..
oh, my apologies.. i thought that post was from you lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth86 View Post
So, Why does AT&T run commercials with "The Fastest 3G network" if they are running in 2nd/3rd place?
uh.. i dont recall seeing any commercials saying that.. but if that is the case, then technically they are, because sprint is evdo rev A.. not 3G
Old 01-25-2009, 12:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

FaithOmitted is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
oh, my apologies.. i thought that post was from you lol

uh.. i dont recall seeing any commercials saying that.. but if that is the case, then technically they are, because sprint is evdo rev A.. not 3G
rev. A is 3G just like UMTS is 3G. I know that AT&T gets away with saying they're the largest network since they work all over the world, maybe that HSDPA stuff makes them the fastest, too? Even though, last time I talked to my AT&T rep, they have no HSDPA in the states?

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion