PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: [Q] Is this normal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
i doubt it as the towers have been screwed up for well over a year now. the network is just a mess for alot of people. another reason i left them last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
Couldn't agree more, and the network site they put up is a joke at the moment. I'm very surprised that sprint is leading in CS.
All of that is beside the point, look what he says here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb09 View Post
I get those speeds connected to 3g, but my brothers phone is also an evo 4g and i tested it out and he is getting the full 1.8-2.3Mbps at around 1am while i get those speeds, but only with the fix. After I restart the device the speeds drop to .00-.06Mbps
another Evo4G in the same area gets 2mbps down.

Now while that is terrible even for 3G, I think it shows the modem is messed up in the phone, return the phone dude.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:20 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Here are some things to consider:

1) What radio version are you on and what radio version is your brother on?

2) What PRL are you on and what PRL is your brother on?

3) What tower is your phone connecting to when its fast and what tower is it connecting to when its slow?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-23-2012, 07:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

newb09 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Here are some things to consider:

1) What radio version are you on and what radio version is your brother on?

2) What PRL are you on and what PRL is your brother on?

3) What tower is your phone connecting to when its fast and what tower is it connecting to when its slow?
1) Radio version: 2.15.00.12.19 for both phones

2) Same for poth prl 60687

3) I don't really know how to check this can you explain?
EDIT: IS it the Sector ID? I read somewhere that its the first 4 to 5 digits. if so then its the same tower

I appreciate all of your help. Thank you.

Sprint store doesn't want to replace the phone because they say its an issue for everyone at the moment, but just to hold on till they fix it. I called sprint and they said they have no network outages or issues in my area so someone must be lying.

Last edited by newb09; 05-23-2012 at 07:51 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:41 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb09 View Post
1) Radio version: 2.15.00.12.19 for both phones

2) Same for poth prl 60687

3) I don't really know how to check this can you explain?
EDIT: IS it the Sector ID? I read somewhere that its the first 4 to 5 digits. if so then its the same tower

I appreciate all of your help. Thank you.

Sprint store doesn't want to replace the phone because they say its an issue for everyone at the moment, but just to hold on till they fix it. I called sprint and they said they have no network outages or issues in my area so someone must be lying.
you can open up Google maps, go to settings and About and then look for the "myl" its formatted MCC:MNC:SID:BID

MCC- country

MNC- network

SID - area

BID - station id

or you can use an app like "cellumap"
Old 05-23-2012, 10:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

newb09 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Ok so my speeds came up by themselves today, but after i restarted the device to see if it was a problem with my device the internet speed dropped. I did google maps and all of the numbers are the same with the "high" and low speeds. Max speed before i restarted was 1.21Mbps when I rebooted the device I got a speed of .03Mbps. SO it does seem like its going to be my modem at this point. I just have to wait till sprint says its fixed which should be this week according to them. Then I will be able to exchange my device.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion