PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Carrier Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   T-Mobile Test Drive (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=149911)

Karl 04-28-2012 09:48 PM

T-Mobile Test Drive

t mobile vs. everyone hmm looks like they are cheaper or are they just BS'ing

T-Mobile vs. Verizon, ATT, Sprint | Compare | T-Mobile

Support: T-Mobile Test Drive Site

Tinkerbell 04-28-2012 10:03 PM

Re: T-Mobile Test Drive

The price is AMAZING. I ran the $35.00 unlimited data plan for a few months. It was a good experience, although where I live Verizon data speeds are 5x faster. Have fun!

gTen 04-29-2012 12:06 AM

T-mobile is pretty cheap price wise, but lol at the speed tests. I mean they are competing against the iphone, its a no brainier who will win. They are also kind of picking and choosing, because these days who needs unlimited talk? there is always skype for those that talk a lot on their cell too.

eric12341 04-29-2012 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl (Post 2176893)
t mobile vs. everyone hmm looks like they are cheaper or are they just BS'ing

T-Mobile vs. Verizon, ATT, Sprint | Compare | T-Mobile

Support: T-Mobile Test Drive Site

I have the 10GB value plan with 500 talk and text, my bill is about the same as what I was paying with sprint. My data speeds are also much better and my 3G doesn't drop as much on my commutes or every single time I send and receive a text which is what matters to me.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell (Post 2176896)
The price is AMAZING. I ran the $35.00 unlimited data plan for a few months. It was a good experience, although where I live Verizon data speeds are 5x faster. Have fun!

Do you have 3G/4G coverage where you are and were you using a 3G/4G compatible phone? Because if not VZ would be faster,especially if on LTE.

Karl 04-29-2012 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell (Post 2176896)

i think data with Verizon is faster then all provides where ever you are but the price of Verizon is also higher then every one else

austin420 04-29-2012 11:24 AM

for one, i would rather have unlimited data with the slowest provider than be capped and throttled down to sub-dial up speeds on tmo. they really are that low. a freeind of mine has tmobile, and when he hits that cap 10 days in to his month, his phone is basicly worthless unless he is on wifi. they really shouldnt be able to call that unlimited.
also, the sprint unlimited minute plan is almost the same as the next plan down. 1500 minutes with unlimited mobile to mobile is just as good as unlimited. no joke, my wife and her sister use 6000 minutes a month together. about 300 count toward our actual metered minutes. i contend that unless you are trying, it is pretty hard to break 1500 minutes when mobile to mobile are free and nights start at 7. i love how they cherry pick a plan to put against sprints plan, but dont actually compare the most similar plan.

anyway, tmobile is obviously for women, fruits, and the infirm. i dont fall in to any of those catagories.

austin420 04-29-2012 11:34 AM

also, i just watched the comparison vids. what a joke!!!!!
of course the hspa+ phone is going to beat the iphone. no matter what network its on, its only capable of traditional 3g. that is blatant false advertisement. they try to confuse by putting their"4g" phone against a phone with a 4 in the name to confuse people.

at least sprint doesnt outright lie in their commercials. i really like the hesse commercials. he got that quaint tom bodette way about him.

things like this make me like tmobile less.

cornelious2 04-29-2012 02:18 PM

Both sides have sgs2 compare apples to apples.

Sent from my mopho

fixxxer2012 04-29-2012 04:35 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; ADR6425LVW Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I dont like the data caps tmobile has but ive heard their network is much improved as of late. If verizon doesnt work out ill be switching.

eric12341 04-29-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 2176926)
for one, i would rather have unlimited data with the slowest provider than be capped and throttled down to sub-dial up speeds on tmo. they really are that low. a freeind of mine has tmobile, and when he hits that cap 10 days in to his month, his phone is basicly worthless unless he is on wifi. they really shouldnt be able to call that unlimited.
also, the sprint unlimited minute plan is almost the same as the next plan down. 1500 minutes with unlimited mobile to mobile is just as good as unlimited. no joke, my wife and her sister use 6000 minutes a month together. about 300 count toward our actual metered minutes. i contend that unless you are trying, it is pretty hard to break 1500 minutes when mobile to mobile are free and nights start at 7. i love how they cherry pick a plan to put against sprints plan, but dont actually compare the most similar plan.

anyway, tmobile is obviously for women, fruits, and the infirm. i dont fall in to any of those catagories.

What a very sexist and discriminatory statement but then again I couldn't expect any less. anyway even when I hit my 10GB cap which usually doesn't happen till 3.5 weeks into the month my speeds are still faster than they ever were when I was with sprint.

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 2176928)
also, i just watched the comparison vids. what a joke!!!!!
of course the hspa+ phone is going to beat the iphone. no matter what network its on, its only capable of traditional 3g. that is blatant false advertisement. they try to confuse by putting their"4g" phone against a phone with a 4 in the name to confuse people.

at least sprint doesnt outright lie in their commercials. i really like the hesse commercials. he got that quaint tom bodette way about him.

things like this make me like tmobile less.

another expected response, you do know that the iPhone is also an H+ phone don't you? I've gotten faster speeds on my HD7 than my friend did on his iPhone 4S on AT&T. PCWorld also said that T-Mobiles 3G network is faster than sprint 4G. So they aren't lying.
Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 (Post 2176957)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; ADR6425LVW Build/GRJ22) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I dont like the data caps tmobile has but ive heard their network is much improved as of late. If verizon doesnt work out ill be switching.

Verizon has data caps too.