PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

fishpony is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help porting a SERO number to regular Sprint plan

I need to get a friend off of my sero account and onto her own Sprint plan without losing her number. Apparently they cant do a TOL on sero even if I want to switch it to a regular sprint plan and they cant switch or port a number between sprint accounts. So is my only option to port to a prepaid carrier and then porting back to sprint? anyone have any other ideas that might be easier? Port to google voice and then port back to the new sprint account?

Thanks.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Re: Help porting a SERO number to regular Sprint plan

google number would be easiest, no need to open a new account with another carrier :S

it'll cost something though but opening a prepaid account/other options would too...

google voice costs $10 for a number change unless you make a new account to open up a google voice
Old 04-30-2012, 11:54 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
When I took over a sero line, to keep my # from my regular sprint line I signed up with a Verizon basic line, free phone. Ported my number from my sprint line, waited a day, then ported the number back to my sero line. I think I had to pay Verizon a $30 restock fee.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:57 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
You could try to tol the sero line to your friend, but it will be an extremely uphill battle. I already had 1 sero line and it took me a week of calling in to get another one transferred to me a few weeks ago!
Old 05-01-2012, 04:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

fishpony is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Help porting a SERO number to regular Sprint plan

well i went to a sprint store tonight and they guy said it would be possible to do a TOL on the sero account as long as it's done at a corporate store. the only problem is my friend is 10 hours away and he said she would have to go to the corporate store there to get it done. I don't have the time to wait a few days for the number to port so hopefully this guy knows what he's talking about. If not i think i'll try the google voice port. I just hate to have her go to the store there and them not know what to do or screw something up. I planned on just setting up a new line on my plan and having them do a flip flop of the numbers then doing a TOL of that new line to her own account.

Thanks for the help guys.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion