PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 01:26 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
I've gotten faster speeds on my HD7 than my friend did on his iPhone 4S on AT&T.
Wow. You have a friend? Your online vampire dating profiles and up to date myspace seem to imply otherwise!?! Lol?

Sent from my SPH-D700 on the PPCGeeks App

Last edited by austin420; 04-30-2012 at 02:00 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:07 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: T-Mobile Test Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
Wow. You have a friend? Your online vampire dating profiles and up to date myspace seem to imply otherwise!?! Lol?

Can't win the argument so you decide to get personal and insult me? Shows the kinda person you are.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:22 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I think you two are secretly best friends outside of ppcgeeks.

all I'm going to say is the test is foobar since they didn't compare each carrier's galaxy 2 phone. an iPhone after having like phone comparison would have been fine though.

Sent from my mopho
Old 04-30-2012, 06:42 PM

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
All I'm going to say is the test is foobar since they didn't compare each carrier's galaxy 2 phone. an iPhone after having like phone comparison would have been fine though.
I agree.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:44 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

I don't know how many times I've had to or am going to have to post this but here's an article that proves this test isn't bs, they've used all kinds of phones in it:
3G and 4G Wireless Speed Showdown: Which Networks Are Fastest? | PCWorld

And here's last years version done by pcmag:

The Fastest Mobile Networks 2011 | PCMag.com
Both prove that T-mobile has the fastest 3G network and their current H+ network almost matches up to both the LTE networks of AT&T and VZ.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:19 PM

how does tmo get by with claiming its h+ is both 3g and 4g?
Old 05-01-2012, 07:52 AM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
how does tmo get by with claiming its h+ is both 3g and 4g?
H is 3G, H+ is 4G, AT&T is doing this too and they are using a slower version of H+. Want to go that route then not even wi-max or LTE can be considered 4G, really?
Old 05-01-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
H is 3G, H+ is 4G, AT&T is doing this too and they are using a slower version of H+. Want to go that route then not even wi-max or LTE can be considered 4G, really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmag
T-Mobile's HSPA+ 21 service won in the 3G bracket of our study, and the company's high-end HSPA+ 42 service competed reasonably well with other providers' 4G service.
whatever eric. according to your own source, your wrong. your tmobile fanboyism is blinding you to facts. the fact of the matter is that the ieee said that wimax and lte were on track to the 4g pathway as they were upgradeable to lte plus and wimax v2. h+ had always been advanced 3g and tmobile just started calling it 4g with out permission from the group that sets the standard who decided to stiffle confusion let it slide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Two 4G candidate systems are commercially deployed: The Mobile WiMAX standard (at first in South Korea in 2006), and the first-release Long term evolution (LTE) standard (in Scandinavia since 2009). It has however been debated if these first-release versions should be considered as 4G or not. Since the above mentioned first-release versions of Mobile WiMAX and LTE support much less than 1 Gbit/s peak bit rate, they are not fully IMT-Advanced compliant, but are often branded 4G by service providers. On December 6, 2010, ITU-R recognized that these two technologies that do not fulfill the IMT-Advanced requirements, could nevertheless be considered "4G", provided they represent forerunners to IMT-Advanced compliant versions. Mobile WiMAX Release 2 (also known as WirelessMAN-Advanced or IEEE 802.16m') and LTE Advanced (LTE-A) are IMT-Advanced compliant backwards compatible versions of the above two systems, standardized during the spring 2011, and promising peak bit rates in the order of 1 Gbit/s. Services are expected in 2013
i know thats a lot to read since its not about tmobile, but do you see how they dont even mention hsd/upa+?

Quote:
Originally Posted by also from wikipedia
The fastest 3G-based standard in the UMTS family is the HSPA+ standard, which was commercially available in 2009 and offers 28 Mbit/s downstreams (22 Mbit/s upstreams) without MIMO, i.e. only with one antenna, and in 2011 accelerated up to 42 Mbit/s peak bit rate downstreams using either DC-HSPA+ (simultaneous use of two 5 MHz UMTS carrier)[4] or 2x2 MIMO. In theory 672 Mbit/s is possible, but still not deployed. The fastest 3G-based standard in the CDMA2000 family is the EV-DO Rev. B, which was available in 2010 and offers 15.67 Mbit/s downstreams
wiki even calls h+ 3g multiple times...
so whats up eric? feeling froggy?

Last edited by austin420; 05-01-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:06 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
to be fair who gives a crap if it's 3g or 4g. all I know is I get much faster speed here on Sprint than my buddy does on t-mobile. if that changes, I'll switch I don't have any real reason for blind loyalty. tests and reports are nice, but signal can change drastically with one step in a direction making almost all of these tests fudgeable.

but the major point is I would rather have faster 3g than slower 4g I could give two squirts what it's called.

Sent from my mopho
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
to be fair who gives a crap if it's 3g or 4g. all I know is I get much faster speed here on Sprint than my buddy does on t-mobile. if that changes, I'll switch I don't have any real reason for blind loyalty. tests and reports are nice, but signal can change drastically with one step in a direction making almost all of these tests fudgeable.

but the major point is I would rather have faster 3g than slower 4g I could give two squirts what it's called.
your missing my point. not that one is better than the other universally, its that eric makes up facts to suit his argument. thats all im getting at.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion