PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

newb09 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[Q] Is this normal?

hello everyone,

So i still had an htc touch pro 2 until a couple days ago and they upgraded me to an evo 4g through their replacement program. Anyway this phone is a refurb and I noticed something strange.

Here are my initial download speeds at home when I first got the phone.

Ok so then i did a power cycle and the speeds dropped the following

So my question is whether I have a bad radio, or if it is something that is wrong with every phone.

In order to fix the issue I have to update the prl then do a update profile twice. then go into the ##3282# and do the profile update from there so that it goes through the hands free activation.

I appreciate your help

Thank you

**I searched all around but it seems most people just experience the issue all the time and don't get it fixed until the device is replaced**
Old 05-22-2012, 06:14 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: [Q] Is this normal?

Speeds vary greatly depending on time of day, location, etc. I've found that early evening are usually the worst. Also in my locale, Sprint has been working on my nearby tower and data speed went to hell.
Old 05-22-2012, 10:38 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

newb09 is a n00b

ok. I see what you are saying, but sprint isn't working on any tower near me and these new speeds of .06 are throughout the entire day. When there is most traffic and i do the fix i get around .8 which is not that bad, but my question was if it was normal for the speeds to drop like that after a reboot. For example if its 1 am i get speeds of 1.6-2.3Mbps and if i restart the device i get the .00-.07 Mbps, but when i apply the fix the speeds go back up until after about 2-4 hours or i restart the device. I appreciate your response.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:36 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Are these speeds showing up when you're connected to 3G or 4G? It's also not out of the ordinary at all to be getting those speeds, especially when sprint is concerned.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:25 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

newb09 is a n00b

I get those speeds connected to 3g, but my brothers phone is also an evo 4g and i tested it out and he is getting the full 1.8-2.3Mbps at around 1am while i get those speeds, but only with the fix. After I restart the device the speeds drop to .00-.06Mbps
Old 05-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
Are these speeds showing up when you're connected to 3G or 4G? It's also not out of the ordinary at all to be getting those speeds, especially when sprint is concerned.
bro you plug worse than Apple does in movies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb09 View Post
I get those speeds connected to 3g, but my brothers phone is also an evo 4g and i tested it out and he is getting the full 1.8-2.3Mbps at around 1am while i get those speeds, but only with the fix. After I restart the device the speeds drop to .00-.06Mbps
that is totally insane, I think your modem is fucked. Take it back and get it replaced.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:02 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
bro you plug worse than Apple does in movies...

lol... your just noticing this? anyways i do agree sprints network is still a mess.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:32 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I think Sprint is updating towers and such.
Speeds can vary on any device or carrier though.

Try calling sprint and have them reset your device.
They can resend things that you can't do yourself.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-23-2012, 01:55 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
I think Sprint is updating towers and such.
i doubt it as the towers have been screwed up for well over a year now. the network is just a mess for alot of people. another reason i left them last year.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:42 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
i doubt it as the towers have been screwed up for well over a year now. the network is just a mess for alot of people. another reason i left them last year.
Couldn't agree more, and the network site they put up is a joke at the moment. I'm very surprised that sprint is leading in CS.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion